Research Support Assistant (12 month fixed term contract)
- Experience Level
- Entry level
Do you pride yourself on your integrity? We do what’s right for our employees, patients and partners, and so can you.
We are currently recruiting for a Research Support Assistant to join the Platform Research Group for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. The purpose of this role is to provide essential laboratory activities and services supporting the scientific work being conducted
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Ensure laboratory cleaning tasks are being conducted in accordance with the agreed schedule reporting non-compliance to the Research Laboratory Coordinator.
- Cleaning laboratory areas and equipment when applicable.
- Placing consumable orders for items not supplied by LMT such as cold chain supplies.
- Assisting lab users to comply with waste regulations and liaise with LMT to ensure compliance.
- Ensure continuation of consumable and reagent supplies by co-ordinating with LMT and supply chain, reporting any supply issues to the Research Laboratory Coordinator.
- Responsible for new equipment registration, requesting equipment repairs and being a point of contact for routine servicing.
- Conduct routine facility clearing to facilitate 5s organisation.
- Conduct routine cleaning of cold storage units including a yearly defrost cycle for freezers.
- Assist the Research Laboratory Coordinator in resolving laboratory issues.
- Maintaining and updating laboratory information folders.
- Maintain reagent stocks, consisting of reagent preparation and aliquots.
- Support research sample management by maintaining records and databases and facilitating the use of barcodes by users.
- Maintenance of routine cell cultures, if applicable.
- Maintain the restriction enzyme database, ordering in new enzymes when requested.
- Provide support to the team on basic molecular biology tasks when applicable and if time.
- Provide support to the team for basic analytical assays, when applicable and if time.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- GCSE qualifications or equivalent in Maths, English and Science
- The candidate must have strong organisational skills to coordinate independent activities in many different facilities
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment would be desirable
- A good scientific knowledge base would be an advantage
- Proactive skills
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please