Upstream Process Development
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Hobson Prior are recruiting for an Upstream Process Development to join a biotech organisation who are focused on improving health all over the world through discovering and developing vaccines to stop serious diseases. This is a permanent position, located in Gaithersburg Maryland.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- To design experimental work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Perform hands on work in a cell culture lab, specifically cell culture expansion, vaccine production as well as process scale up and implementation into GMP clinical production suites.
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner.
- Design and execute process development studies to develop a thorough understanding of operating and performance parameters.
- Perform and analyse Design of Experiment studies to develop or optimizing processes to ensure a phase-appropriate, consistent, high-yielding, and scalable upstream process.
- Assist in scale up and optimization of early-stage processes, support critical operations as needed in our GMP manufacturing facility and deliver materials for pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- Provide reagents and other supplies for various projects and departments.
- Co-operate and coordinate with colleagues from Discovery, Process Development, Analytical Development, Manufacturing, and QA/QC teams.
- To support process characterization studies and tech transfer process. As needed, support process validation, including validation protocol writing, execution and report writing.
- You will be expected to be mainly hands on in the laboratory.
- Any other assigned duties.
- Ability to think critically, demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are essential.
- Excellent record keeping abilities to adequately record, analyse and document data generated in support of regulatory requirements.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility and willingness to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
- BS/MS degree in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology or a related scientific discipline.
- Solid and hands-on upstream experience is required. Multi-year industrial purification experience with vaccines/biologics is preferred; direct experience with virus-derived recombinant products and/or viral particles is a plus.
- A previous track record of culture process development experience such as cell passaging, formulation of media, aseptic technique processing, and managing reagents.
- Practical demonstration of hands-on process development including use of statistical design of experiments is required.
- Experience with automation technologies is desired.
- Prior experience with suspension cell culture systems, vaccine and/or viral vector production is desired.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.