Scientist III, Analytical, Process R&D
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Process R&D team consists of experienced scientists and engineers that have extensive expertise in all aspects of upstream and downstream development. PR&D take processes from the laboratory “bench” scale and apply process expertise and engineering fundamentals for delivery to Manufacturing.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist III, Analytical to join the team. The purpose of this role is to plan, execute and report relevant investigations, and to support other members of the Group as needed to aid the Group Leader in meeting Group/Department objectives.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Perform analytical assays to support upstream and downstream process development activities, to inform process understanding and to deliver process characterisation activities.
- Learn and implement laboratory techniques and demonstrate excellent levels of accuracy and quality when carrying out analytical analyses.
- Carry out multiple laboratory-based assays each week and complete the data processing for these assays in a timely manner.
- Contribute to trouble shooting and technical investigations.
- Contribute to both departmental and company initiatives/projects.
- Ensure a high standard of record keeping and documentation of experiments and investigations
- Accountable for own performance in alignment with group objectives and deadlines.
- Familiar with the principles of experimental design and implementation.
- Presentation of scientific data at internal meetings.
- Contribute to the writing, revision and review SOPs and technical reports.
- Joint responsibility for maintenance and compliance of a GxP laboratory area and GxP “housekeeping” procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in a relevant Bioscience with an appropriate level of relevant experience.
- Laboratory technical experience with desirable experience in cell culture, qPCR, molecular biology and/or HPLC
- Knowledge of general cellular and molecular biology laboratory and analytical techniques
- An understanding of viral vector analytical principles and processes.
- Practical experience in a range of bioprocess analytical techniques, such as but not limited to, cell-based assays, flow cytometry, nucleic acid extractions, qPCR, SDS PAGE, Western blot analysis, ELISA, and HPLC.
- An awareness of basic biopharmaceutical process development activities.
- Competency in data capture and reporting.
- Aseptic technique.
- Have some knowledge of the literature in defined project area.
- Capable of following company standard operating procedures and requirements.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements e.g. GMP, GLP, GCP and/or Validation and Quality Management systems.
In addition, desirable skills include:
- Biotechnology industry experience in analytics, biological research and development or equivalent experience gained elsewhere.
- Experience with cell culture and downstream processing techniques.
- Understanding of the Quality management reporting structure/responsibilities within OXB.
- Familiar with the regulatory requirements for analytical work (e.g. product specifications, stability testing guidelines etc).
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please