Instrument & Calibration Engineer
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Do you pride yourself on your integrity? We do what’s right for our employees, patients and partners so can you?
Oxford Biomedica’s Engineering team are responsible for all aspects of Plant, Mechanical, Electrical and Incoming utilities from point of connection into any of our facilities. This includes laboratories, manufacturing suites and office space.
We are currently recruiting for an Instrument & Calibration Technician to join the team. The purpose of the role is to perform tasks necessary to ensure safe and compliant operation of laboratory instrumentation and bioprocess production equipment.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Execution of planned, reactive and corrective maintenance activities to ensure the ongoing reliability of equipment across laboratory and manufacturing facilities. The maintenance and repair of electronic, electrical, fluidic and pneumatic systems
- Problem solving and fault diagnosis, adhering to identified work priorities to ensure that stakeholders are supported in their daily operational needs.
- Provision of in house calibration and testing service, ensuring that all aspects of the calibration works and records operate effectively from initial request, through specification, to conduct of calibration and recording of results.
- Calibration of instrumentation and sensors monitored on FMS and BMS
- Identify improvements to systems and processes, working with stakeholders to implement changes. Audit calibration to ensure compliance with current standard.
- Develop scopes and detailed specifications to meet identified calibration requirements, maintaining calibration documentation in the CMMS in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all relevant departmental administrative requirements are adhered too. Including concise instrument and work history management.
- Carry out statutory and other testing onsite to maintain instrumentation and infrastructure plant and safety systems.
- Cooperate and collaborate with other team members to continually drive our proactive engineering programme, participate in failure investigations, identify and report back reliability issues with equipment and systems.
- Issue permits and control of contractors
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Time served apprenticeship or qualification to ONC Level or equivalent in an Electrical or electronic discipline.
- Excellent fault finding, problem solving and analytical skills
- Experienced in the calibration of laboratory and pharmaceutical equipment
- A working knowledge of Beamex MC6 field calibrator and CMX calibration software advantageous
- Work experience working in a similar role within pharmaceutical, healthcare or processing industry and working within a GMP environment would be an advantage.
- Preparation and operation of planned maintenance
- Previous experience liaising with and supervising contractors
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team-work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
We look forward to receiving your application.
No Agencies please