Key Account Manager - Germany & Austria
5 days left
- Experience Level
Hansa Biopharma is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company that is developing immunomodulatory treatments for enabling transplantations, rare immunoglobulin G (IgG)-mediated autoimmune conditions, gene therapy and cancer. The Company’s lead product candidate, imlifidase, has been granted conditional approval in the European Union to desensitise highly sensitised adult kidney transplant patients with a positive crossmatch against an available deceased donor. Commercial launch of imlifidase in select European countries is ongoing. Hansa has established a new function, International Markets, to commercialise markets outside of Europe and in the US.
Hansa’s research and development program is also advancing the Company’s enzyme technology to develop the next generation of IgG-cleaving enzymes with potentially lower immunogenicity, rendering them suitable for repeat dosing in relapsing autoimmune diseases and oncology. Hansa Biopharma is based in Lund, Sweden and has operations in other European countries and the US.
This role assumes full responsibility of commercial sales activities and management of key customer relationships within the region. The primary focus will be to drive Hansa sales across Germany and Austria in line with defined commercial targets.
- Development and disciplined execution of high quality account plans
- Sales and expense planning/forecasting
- Ensuring a patient centric approach in every interaction
- Developing and maintaining sustainable, high-quality relationships with KOLs and key HCPs in the area of nephrology and transplantation
- Continually learning and growing a strong disease area knowledge
- Driving stakeholder engagement and product advocacy
- Establishing strong relationships with hospital pharmacists and other commercial influencers and decision makers in target accounts
- Understanding and appropriately addressing access and reimbursement barriers in the hospital channel
- Addressing and coordinating efforts to resolve account-specific access and reimbursement barriers
- Liaising with hospital medical controllers and quality managers on the topic of reimbursement
- Collaborating with all required internal and external resources as needed and as appropriate, ensuring a steady flow of information internally
- Delivering agreed commercial targets and objectives
- Strict compliance with all internal and external guidelines is a given in all business activities
- Leading commercial sales activities and key customer relationships in Germany and Austria
- Licensed as a pharmaceutical consultant/pharmaceutical sales representative according to §75 of the German Medicines Act
- A degree in a life sciences, medical or science discipline or certified pharmaceutical sales representative, PTA, MTA, BTA, CTA
- (Zulassung als Pharmaberater/Pharmareferent gemäß §75 Arzneimittelgesetz -idealerweise ein naturwissenschaftliches oder medizinisches Studium oder geprüfter Pharmareferent, PTA, MTA, BTA, CTA)
- Must be fluent in German and English, with advanced communication skills in both languages - this is a mandatory requirement
- Industry experience (life sciences/medical) - minimum 5+ years required
- Knowledge of transplantation/nephrology desirable
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications, notably Excel, Powerpoint, Word
You as a person
Working at Hansa is more than a job for us. At Hansa, our culture is characterised by pride — pride in what we do, in the company and in what we have, and will, accomplish for patients around the world. We are also proud of our colleagues, and we genuinely care about each other. We are friends, empowering one another and appreciating everyone’s unique talents, and we believe in working together as a team. We encourage bravery, personal development and discovering new ways forward.
To foster the best possible organisational match, we hope that you recognise yourself as a person with a high level of personal and professional integrity. We place great value on trustworthiness, a strong work ethic and the ability to work on initiative and independently. You should enjoy working with a diverse range of stakeholders and have a passion for deepening working relationships both internally and in partnership with CMOs. In addition, we hope you possess the following characteristics:
- Strong team player and networker, able to excel in a complex environment
- Strong business acumen, expressed customer centricity
- Ability to articulate the life-changing story behind our product
- Self-driven and proactive
- Analytical mindset combined with a willingness to collaborate, ask difficult questions and challenge accordingly
- Strong open-minded cross-functional communicator both internally and externally
What we offer
- A position in a company that envisions a world where patients with rare immunological diseases lead long and healthy lives.
- The chance to be part of an innovative R&D-driven organisation with a strong desire to make a difference for people.
- An opportunity to build a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company with global outreach.
- An open-minded and welcoming atmosphere. We genuinely care about our employees and are immensely proud to have been certified “A Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work®, a global authority on workplace culture, employee experience and leadership behaviour.
- Friendly, motivated and skilled colleagues with whom you can both laugh and work and grow professionally.
Type of employment
This is a permanent and full-time (40 hours) position, subject to a six month probationary period.
This position will be based in Germany, but also covers Austria. The nature of the role requires travel across both countries and it's anticipated you will be travelling approximately 50% of your time, although this will fluctuate. The remaining time you will work from home, however occasional travel to our offices in Lund, Sweden may be required.
Applicants are required to consider these requirements carefully before applying.
Please apply for the position through our careers page. You should attach your CV and a cover letter, in English. Regrettably we cannot review applications submitted in other languages.
The last day for applications to be received is 13 May, 2021. We will review applications as they are received and as a result may close the position sooner.
For questions regarding the position and process, please contact Sara Margaryan, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can not be accepted by email.
We look forward to receiving your application - join us and make a significant contribution to Hansa Biopharma's pioneering research!