Principal Scientist, Analytical Development
- Experience Level
We drive credible science to realise incredible results, and so can you.
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated Principal Scientist to join the Analytical Development Group. The purpose of this role is to provide first rate analytical development for external partnerships and for the company’s portfolio of cell and gene therapies. The group functions in a multi-disciplined innovative environment whilst also adhering to internal and external quality systems. ADG is part of the Research Department but works closely with manufacturing, clinical and analytical services at all stages of development. The team is responsible for assay development and subsequent qualification and validation to support the GMP manufacturing process and early phase development through to commericalisation of products.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Have responsibility for the research, development and implementation of new and existing assays to support internal and external cell and gene therapies programmes
- Support the development of Oxford BioMedica’s pipeline and work closely with Project Management
- Line management of junior scientists
- Troubleshoot assay performance issues as and when required
- Drafting and preparation of standard operating procedures for new assays and support drafting of regulatory modules
- Assist in the scheduling, management and execution of the ADG to deliver programs of work
- Act as project manager for validation, qualification and transfer studies both internally and with external partnerships.
- Training members of the Analytical Services Group (ASG) to perform newly developed and validated assays
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- BSc Degree in Life Sciences/Science/Analytical Science
- Strong scientific background in molecular biology or biochemistry
- Experience in line management of a team of scientists
- Experience with qPCR and protein analysis is essential
- An understanding of lentiviral vectors and gene therapy is essential
- Previous experience with assay development or validation in an industrial setting
- Use of statistics as applied to assay validation
- The ability to train others in the conduct of analytical techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to undertake projects to agreed timelines and adapt to rapid changes in project priorities
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please