Intellectual Property (IP) Analyst, 18 Months Fixed Term Contract
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Do you pride yourself on your integrity? We do what’s right for our employees, patients and partners, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Intellectual Property (IP) and Contracts team is responsible for the company’s global patent and trademark portfolios, as well as, contracts with our partners and suppliers.
We are currently recruiting for an IP Analyst to join the team on an initial 18 month fixed term contract however the post could become permanent. The purpose of this role to support interdisciplinary research and product development teams to create and maintain a strong IP portfolio.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Searching patents in technology areas within Oxford BioMedica’s field of activities and, together with the IP team, providing Freedom to Operate (FTO) analyses
- Providing IP landscapes that are used to confirm or discover market opportunities
- Performing novelty searches for Invention Disclosures (IDs)
- Undertaking analysis of third party patent rights to determine whether they will impact Oxford Biomedica’s current, planned and future innovation activities working in close collaboration with R&D and patent colleagues
- Performing invalidity searches for targeted patents owned by third parties, including competitors
- Providing IP analysis in the early phase of projects so to identify risks and opportunities (identifying so called 'white spaces' in patent landscapes) for a project.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- A Bsc in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or similar Life Sciences equivalents
- A postgraduate Life Sciences as above would be advantageous
- Previous experience in analysing patents and summarising key information derived from them
- A keen eye for detail and a genuine interest in patents is essential
- Computer Literacy skills and the ability to work with volumes of complex data
- Experience with IP analytics software would be a distinct advantage (for example PatBase or Derwent)
- Proven analytical, presentation and communication skills, in particular the ability to present complex information in an easy to understand form
- Ability to fully understand a business case within a project and provide the appropriate IP search or landscape
- Manage planning of IP analysis work and communicate clearly the deadlines for delivering of the IP searches and landscapes; managing expectations of internal customers (IP team, research and development team, business development team).
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives