- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We are currently in search for a Bioprocessing Technician to assist in designing and carrying out mammalian cell culture operations such as expansion, transduction and harvesting. This is an excellent opportunity to develop skills in a dynamic start-up environment and gain experience of working within the cell & gene therapy and biotechnology industry as part of a young and ambitious team.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- This role will involve collecting and analysing data from the experiments to inform design changes and process improvements for the technology in development (microscopy, cell viability, cell phenotyping, gene expression Data analysis of cell culture experiments and collected data).
- Comparative runs of the in-house technology against existing technologies and modes of cell culture will be carried out (seeding, expansion, transduction and differentiation).
- To be involved in requisition and procurement of consumables to maintain stock levels; team design meetings; and performing general laboratory tasks.
- Experience with immune cells or any of the following cell lines/types: Jurkat, hESCs, HEK293
- At least 2+years of cell and gene therapy (or similar) industry experience involving aseptic mammalian cell culture, cell transduction/transfection (e.g. viral and non-viral methods) and sample processing.
- Experience with Molecular Biology techniques such as e.g. PCR, immunohistochemistry.
- Experience with bioreactors such as stirred tanks, bags, or hollow-fibers (e.g. GE Wave, G-Rex, Dasgip, Miltenyi Prodigy, iCELLis, Terumo Quantum).
- Responsible attitude, self-motivated and excellent organisational & communication skills.
- Experience with microfluidic cell culture.
- Experience with GMP, quality management, writing SOPs, risk assessments, lab reports.
- Experience with industrialisation, process and technology transfer.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.