Associate Director (Clinical Sciences)
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
Hobson Prior are looking for an Associate Director (Clinical Sciences) to join a non-profit organisation who focus on providing pioneering antimalarial drugs. This position will be responsible to provide clinical pharmacology/sciences expertise to the development of pioneering medicines.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- Accountable to define the overall clinical development strategy and corresponding study designs that best deliver the data supporting the target product profile ensuring relevant internal and external expert function inputs on cross-functional project teams.
- You will contribute to the development of clinical documents as required including clinical study protocols, investigator brochures and other regulatory documents.
- You will conduct study data review and interpretation to ensure data-driven recommendations to management as part of the project team, e.g. for transition to next phase.
- To work closely with the counterpart from Pharmaceutical Partner on the joint clinical team to provide aligned recommendations and to support the Project Directors.
- You will provide analysis of emerging study data and to recommend to the Project Director any needed changes to project strategy.
- To deliver information internally and externally to numerous stakeholders.
- Work closely with clinical operations during study set-up, conduct and close-out activities, and act as clinical sciences subject matter expert to study sites.
- Scientific leadership skills.
- Team player and a strong collaborator.
- Ability to influence and act as a role model for others.
- Robust communication skills, verbal and written.
- PhD in the field of clinical pharmacology, biological sciences or PharmD degree.
- At least 5-8 years clinical scientist experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech industry, academia, or non-profit organizations.
- Experience in late stage drug development and field studies, particularly in infectious diseases would be an asset.
- Experience in drug combination development, medicines for pediatric population or pregnant women, would be an asset.
- Experience with multi-disciplinary team model in the work environment Technical skills required:
- Expert knowledge of clinical pharmacology, pharmacokinetics.
- Familiarity with principles of biostatistics, epidemiology, PKPD modelling.
- Knowledge of regulatory authorities and global health bodies requirements.
- Knowledge of ICH Good Clinical Practice standards.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Proficient English (oral and written); French and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
- Willingness to travel, including endemic countries when needed.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.