- Experience Level
Location: Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge
Type: Full time, permanent | Start: Immediate
Salary: Competitive | Hours: 40 p/w
Office Based Position
Your role in our team:
We are looking for a Purchasing Supervisor to join our growing Supply Chain Team. The initial aim of this role is to ensure all the purchasing activities are adequately met. The Purchasing Assistant will work collaboratively with the Materials Manager to develop procedures in line with our developing QEHS management systems that ensure all areas of research have access to the materials they need.
Responsible for purchasing products for the company, researching new vendors, tracking deliveries and updating order records, ensure to maintain a fully stocked inventory.
There is a requirement to be diplomatic, collaborative, customer focused, change agile, comfortable in leading and adapting to changing priorities in a rapidly growing business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative support to the Materials Manager
- Line management to the Purchasing Assistant
- Creating and submitting Purchase Orders accurately and on time with suppliers.
- Purchase order monitoring, including keeping the system up to date with arrival information, back order reporting, reason and action plan.
- Managing emails and phone calls daily with suppliers.
- Regularly liaising with suppliers worldwide to resolve queries, quality issues, chase orders and resolve claims.
- Dealing with internal stakeholders daily regarding orders requirements.
- Maintaining databases accuracy making sure orders documentations are generated correctly in the ERP system.
- Supporting continuous improvement and operational excellence processes.
- Investigate and resolve invoice queries and stock discrepancies.
- Introduction of new products.
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and to deadlines.
- To offer a supporting role to or team members and to cover for others in the team where necessary.
- Have a degree level or equivalent qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- Are humble – sincere and secure – accepts own mistakes – prioritises team over personal goals.
- Are hungry – driven and proactive – goes above and beyond the call of duty to achieve company results.
- Are smart – astute and persuasive – uses emotional intelligence to lead and inspire colleagues.
Essential for the role:
- Experience of maintaining supplier relationships working within a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience of working in a Procurement role within a highly regulated environment such as Pharma or Biotech / cell therapy / GMP.
- Experience and familiarity with laboratory consumable products, reagents and equipment.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential; ERP system (NetSuite) experience required.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to interact with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Have strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task and ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Positive / can-do and helpful attitude.
- Are flexible with the ability to adapt to change.