Clinical Research Physician - Pharmaceutical Industry
- Experience Level
- Entry level
Clinical Research Physician
The job specification below shows the breadth of work covered by the Research Physicians and Senior Research Physicians within. The focus of a Research Physician work is expected change with seniority. In general, the specification shown below is presented in a probable chronological order i.e. the focus of work progresses down the specification with seniority.
- Medical Doctor UK Trained
- FY1 & 2 completed
- 2 years post foundation experience
- Motivated to get into industry
Volunteer screening in preparation for clinical trials
- To obtain informed consent from subjects prior to inclusion into a study.
- To perform medical screening on healthy volunteers and patients including medical history taking, physical examination and review of laboratory reports according to the study protocols.
- To collate necessary medical documents and information to make informed decisions about inclusion onto a clinical trial.
- To review all Case Report Forms with regard to inclusion/exclusion of subjects prior to commencement of the study.
Clinical trials procedures
- To be familiar with all current study protocols.
- To discuss protocols in-house and with sponsors and experts.
- To supervise all safety aspects during the studies.
- To maintain knowledge, understanding and practice of general medical practice and to maintain Advanced Life Support skills.
- Evaluate and treat all Adverse Events that arise during studies and prepare safety reports.
- To produce and update case reports for volunteers who experience Serious Adverse Events or other notable Adverse Events.
- To review and analyse safety, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data and present the findings in interim reports.
- To participate in the discussions regarding the impact data in interim/safety reports has on clinical trial progression.
- To contribute to the writing of Study Operations Manuals for upcoming studies and update as appropriate during the conduct of ongoing studies.
- To write Patient Information Leaflets/Informed Consent Forms for planned clinical studies.
- To review study protocols and to participate in the generation of study protocols as required.
- To write relevant sections of Patient Information Leaflets/Informed Consent Forms.
- To review and contribute to the development of Investigator’s Brochures when required.
- To review and implement recommendation from scientific advisory meetings into relevant study documents in preparation for submission.
- To participate in discussions with scientific and other experts in preparation for regulatory submissions.
Reach out to Antonia at Barrington James for more information on the company and position.
Apply for Clinical Research Physician - Pharmaceutical Industry
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly