- Experience Level
Gothenburg, Sweden or Warsaw, Poland or Gaithersburg, US
At AstraZeneca, we challenge the norm, and that means we expect our people to as well. In order to develop life-changing medicines, we approach problems in a different way -agile, nimble, and focused on what our people need to make ground-breaking discoveries.
The scope of Alliance Management is to define the outsourcing strategy across the R&D organisations; ensure our suppliers deliver to the needs of the organisations; and to develop strong, beneficial partnerships with key suppliers.
The role of the Alliance Lead is to manage one or more supplier(s) or outsourcing models within either the Full, Functional or Technology Alliance Management Groups. They will be responsible for ensuring the supplier(s) and / or model(s) are meeting the needs of the customers and ensure that selected partners deliver to contract and that strong relationships with the external suppliers are created and maintained.
You will be responsible for the alliance management of one or more suppliers / outsourcing models within R&D, establish and achieve aims and goals for the supplier and / or models, in alignment with Alliance Management Leadership and operational stakeholders. We expect you to ensure the maintenance and oversight of supplier / model, ensuring seamless execution, quality and timely delivery of relevant scope of work deliverables and manage operational governance of the supplier(s) / model(s) and participates in other governance as required. May include co-ordination and / or participation at executive level governance meetings. You will also define and monitor quality and performance of service deliverables in alignment with the project requirements.
To succeed in this role, it is essential that you have significant experience working as an Alliance Manager of outsourcing suppliers / models. You will have strong leadership skills, including the ability to solve problems that involve many decision-makers, and develop multiple options/recommendations. In addition, you will have:
- University degree in related discipline, or equivalent
- Strong alliance management experience from within the pharmaceutical industry or a contract research organization
- Good knowledge of clinical and pharmaceutical drug development process at various phases of development
- Experience of running an alliance governance framework and processes (including performance metrics)
- Knowledge of supplier selection and qualification processes (e.g., requests for information/proposal, bid defence, and operational due diligence)
- Experience working with senior-level stakeholders
- Ability to apply strategic direction to a team or project and generate new options
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, especially without authority and with resilience
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong confliction resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to network and collaborate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, globally
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work flexibly to solve problems that involve many decision makers, and develop multiple options/recommendations
- Familiarity of service deliverables (e.g. study management, data management, analysis and reporting)
- A high level of cultural sensitivity, interactive communication, negotiation and effective collaboration skills. This necessitates considerable tact, discretion and persuasion to obtain desired outcomes while maintaining ongoing professional relationships
- Ability to identify continuous improvement & innovation opportunities