Sr Business Systems Analyst [Information Tech
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The Sr Business Systems Analyst is the primary liaison between the business and IT. Responsibilities include: leading business users, IT project teams, and external partners to drive decision making and define requirements for application development, ensuring that business needs are being met, defining and negotiating project scope, creating documentation of business requirements which guide application development efforts, working closely with the business team, development team and quality assurance team to ensure successful implementation of business requirements, and working collaboratively with IT and business partners to resolve issues. Leads the definition of system capabilities, project scope, business requirements, and function for complex systems application development. Independently analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing computer systems. Researches current system processes in conjunction with business and IS team members. Performs customized analyses of business and IS needs with an understanding of applicable applications systems, existing and future business processes, and pharmacy industry requirements. Understands and considers the business implications of the application and communicates with impacted groups.
Specific job duties:
- Perform analysis of business issues, provide recommendations for possible solutions, work with Business users and IT project teams to drive decision-making and define requirements for application development, ensuring that business needs are being met.
- Complete documentation for business requirements, which guide application development efforts, working closely with the Development team and Business teams to ensure successful implementation of business requirements.
- Work with IT and Business partners to build support processes and procedures, provide ongoing support to manage application SLA’s, resolve a majority of the problems and fulfil service requests that do not require application development.
- Analyze opportunities to improve application reliability, provide recommendations for possible solutions, and work with IT and Business partners to implement solutions that enhance application and infrastructure reliability.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the business requirements process used to define requirements for systems projects, assist with the definition of project scope and create appropriate scope documentation.
- Perform analysis of compliance vulnerabilities; work with IT and Business teams to eliminate vulnerabilities, support internal and external audit related activities.
- Communicates project status and escalates issues as needed.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, MIS, or related field or 11 – 14 years of equivalent work experience
- 5 – 8 years of relevant experience, or MA/MS with 3 – 5 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft application software (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio and Project)
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to develop a detailed work plan to ensure project success
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong requirements elicitation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting