Sr IT Engineer
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The Sr IT engineer under the guidance of the architect, partners with customers and provides a key role in helping to lead projects and in designing solutions. The Sr IT engineer will provide a senior software development role to design, develop, and implement capabilities in .Net/C# that advance the roadmap and vision of the Ecosystem Mapping team and its partners. The successful candidate will help to maintain in-depth subject matter expertise and domain knowledge with regard to capabilities for the corporate Enterprise Architecture repository and other repositories used to maintain critical IT capability relationship data. The Senior IT Engineer will assist in process optimization, and assess progress through data-driven metrics. Requires direct interaction and decision making with IT vendor partners, business clients and other internal partners. Must be able to maintain professional and collaborative working relationships with all. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Frequently inter-organizational and contact with senior vendor partner contacts. Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on projects.
Specific job duties:
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with application and system teams to determine dependency management, visualization and improved operations
- Capture, document, analyze and comprehend requirements.
- Design, document, develop, deploy, maintain and operate capabilities within modeling systems, data analysis tools, data staging systems and visualization systems
- Administer and support tooling and associated methods to support Ecosystem Mapping processes and procedures.
- Provide day to day guidance and direction to contingent workers
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8 – 12 years of experience designing and developing business applications or other software
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to define and develop customized solutions that meet business requirements
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
- Analytical, excellent communications, quick learner, self-starter
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Strong customer service focus
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry very helpful Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
- Ability to contribute ideas to extend and enhance methodology in a synergistic manner
- Strong experience writing SQL queries
- Experience developing all tiers of a multi-tier business application, using object-oriented analysis and design techniques and developing stored procedures
- Working knowledge of networking: TCP/IP, and familiarity with firewalls, hubs, routers, switches, DNS, gateways, load balancing and basic network analysis/troubleshooting
- Experience tuning SQL Server queries highly desired
- Experience performing light-medium duty SQL Server database administration (as a developer) highly desired
- Experience with XML and Enterprise Architecture repositories highly desired
- Experience with CMDB products, UML modeling, data modeling and exposure to architectural concepts such as SOA, ITIL, SOFEA a plus
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting