- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
As Editor you will assist in the production of high-quality patient recruitment materials for Global Patient & Site Solutions (GPSS). Contribute to the efficient running and timely completion of all projects.
- Edit and proofread copy for a wide range of patient recruitment materials for clinical trials – including printed materials, Informed Consent Forms, digital advertising materials, eLearning modules and patient recruitment websites – to agreed style/specifications. Check copy for clarity, consistency, grammar, syntax, health literacy and sponsor preferences, if applicable.
- Effectively manage the progression of assigned projects from the initial copy stage to the final design stage as necessary, liaising with internal departments/external suppliers when required.
- Have a proactive awareness of budgeted and current hours on each project.
- Work collaboratively with the design team to ensure the smooth delivery of materials to agreed timelines.
- Check all stages of printed/digital materials from initial layouts to printers' proofs/final digital format, liaising with designers at each stage, incorporating internal study team/sponsor comments as required, and liaising with relevant internal stakeholders.
- Check typeset proofs of translated print and digital items. Manage the proof amends cycle by liaising with external translation service providers, checking that amends have been implemented correctly on revised proofs, and finalizing clean files.
- Use appropriate software to upload approved files to print and check associated printer's proofs (and production job sheets) once received, to agreed timelines.
- Act as a core member of the project team, actively participating in kick-off meetings and project status meetings.
- Collaborate effectively with fellow team members and external vendors (e.g. translation service providers), as required.
- Follow all company standard operating procedures (SOPs), as well as industry regulations, departmental guidance and quality control measures to meet industry standards and client expectations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES
- Good computer skills, including MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and web/cloud-based programs.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent command of English language and attention to detail.
- Good eye for design and layout.
- Excellent copy-editing and proofreading skills.
- Sufficient knowledge of life sciences for critical review of copy.
- Knowledge of print production procedures would be an advantage.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to work to tight timelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, clients and suppliers.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A science (or relevant) degree, and a minimum of 1-2 year’s editorial experience in a medical communications agency or publishing company, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Extensive use of communication software requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.