Head of Medicine - Diabetes Medical Affairs
- Experience Level
I’m partnered with a top-10 leading global pharma company in Germany who are looking for an expert physician to join as a Head of Medicine Diabetes. Within this role, you will have the opportunity to lead the Medical Affairs team for Diabetes.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Overall medical strategic responsibility for Medical Affairs for designated asset(s) within Diabetes
- Ensure alignment regarding scientific platforms, medical communication and publication strategies as well as the Product Maintenance and Optimization strategies for each substance or project under your responsibility
- Be the key decision maker in internal committees with regard to Diabetes (e.g. Member of Clinical Expert Committee (CEC), you contribute to and co-ordinate medical contributions to pre-clinical development, and cross-functional Medico-Marketing-Market Access strategy.)
- Review and approve final brand plans, scientific engagement plans and scientific publications according to established procedures.
- Lead your teams’ collaboration with internal regional management, local operating companies, and external stakeholders to ensure insights are appropriately reflected across medical plans.
- Serve as a member of the Therapeutic Area Licensing Advisory team, responsible for preliminary, clinical evaluation of in-licensing opportunities and oversight of in-depth in-licensing evaluations.
- Lead and manage employees belonging to your team, as well as establishing and maintaining adequate standards of people management e.g. training and development, communication, interface definition and processes.
- Support the annual international medical budgeting process.
- Doctoral degree (PhD, MD etc.) in Medicine or a related field
- Experience in developing a cross-functional medicine strategy for introduction of new medicines and/or expansion of indications to the market at a local or regional/global level
- Longstanding experience in the pharmaceutical industry, hospital and academia preferably in the field of CardioMetabolism
- Experience in registering products in Europe, the US and Asia
- Strong track record of interactions with regulatory affairs authority, international societies and other relevant stakeholders
- Profound leadership skills
- Competitive basic salary
- Exciting, innovative work environment
- Global company
- Great growth and progression opportunities
- Generous vacation time
- numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance
For more information, contact Antonia at Barrington James.
Recruitment Resourcer Medical Affairs & Clinical Development
adavis (@) barringtonjames.com
+44 1293 776644