Senior Director Research and Development
- Experience Level
Exec./Sr. Director, Research & Development | New York/ Remote
As a recognized leader in targeted anti-cancer radioimmunotherapy and targeted conditioning for bone marrow transplant, my client is rapidly building and advancing a clinical-stage portfolio of promising radiopharmaceutical drug candidates. With this growth, the Company is seeking an experienced and talented industry drug discovery and development leader to drive the execution of R&D strategy to further extend the value, impact, and opportunity of the Company’s science, its assets and collaborations, and its platform technology. The selected candidate will report into the Chief Science & Technology Officer.
The Exec./Sr. Director, Research & Development will have a strong scientific foundation and a demonstrated track record of producing results in cancer biology and oncology drug discovery. This individual will be an energetic and experienced scientist who will utilize his/her hands-on experience in biologics (monoclonal antibodies) drug discovery to guide the Company’s internal and collaborative preclinical/development programs. The candidate will be expected to execute on strategic research initiatives, to support novel radio-conjugate therapeutic approaches and their clinical advancement for the treatment of cancer. The selected candidate will be expected to assist the CSTO in R&D operations, including maintaining research budgets, and internal/external research project management. He/she is also expected to keep current with relevant literature to ideate, propose, and execute on strategic preclinical research and is expected to work within a matrix organization to support internal and external research innovation aligned with clinical, legal IP, and business teams.
The Exec./Sr. Director of R&D must have significant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry and/or academia, particularly involving the discovery and development of targeted therapies for cancer and knowledgeable in the development of pharmacology sections and documentation support for regulatory filings. Prior experience with biologic therapies, especially monoclonal antibodies, radio-immunotherapies or antibody drug conjugates is essential. The selected individual must possess excellent interpersonal skills, personnel management experience and strong written and oral communication abilities.
- Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. in the life sciences is essential
- Significant (10+ years) experience in biopharmaceutical industry with evidence of accomplishment in advancing oncology drugs from discovery to clinical development
- Demonstrated leadership success, managing research projects and executing on corporate strategy
- Strong project management experience and competence
- Strong grasp of cancer cell biology and cancer immunology as evidenced in publication record
- Current in cancer biology/immunology literature and supporting experimental methods to drive drug discovery and testing
- First-hand experience with oncology biologic therapeutics discovery and development, in particular monoclonal antibodies is critical
- Experience with and strong understanding of biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry intellectual property preparation, filing and prosecution
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Energetic and motivated self-starter
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a problem solver, creative, and resourceful
If you believe that you are the right person for this role, please apply now. Alternatively, if you believe you know somebody in your network who would be suited to this position please forward the details. We also have a presence on LinkedIn and Twitter, or you can sign to our mailing list on our website to be kept up to date with our roles.
As specialist recruiters in life sciences, our mission is to create a positive impact in the world. We place visionary people in thriving cultures where they can create a brighter future. Our impact and what that means to society is why we go the extra mile. We even baked it into our name, Medella, which means to heal. Pairing brilliant scientists with brilliant companies we find wildly exciting, and it drives everything we do.
Apply for Senior Director Research and Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly