Executive Director Business Development I
6 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Sales Director, Clinical, Europe
Who we are
Covance, a global contract research organization, we have worked on all of the top 50 best-selling drugs available today through its full spectrum of nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services with our clients from leading pharma and agile biotech. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow's challenges as they evolve. Together with our clients, Covance transforms today's healthcare challenges into tomorrow's solutions.
Covance is the drug development arm of LabCorp. LabCorp, anS&P500 company, is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care.
What we need
Covance is currently seeking a Sales Director to join our Clinical team in Europe, this represents and incredibly exciting opportunity for the right person to join a very successful European team.
The Sales Director will be given the opportunity to lead one of our European teams of Business Development Directors (BDDs). The team contains some of Europe's and the World's leading Pharmaceutical and Biotech organisations and will be responsible for selling the full suite of our Clinical services including Phase II-IV (plus Phase I Oncology), FSPx, CMA and Pharmacovigilance.
So, if you are passionate about leadership and have the qualities to lead, inspire and develop a team to deliver the best possible life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world, then this position would be perfect for you.
This position is home based and applicants can be placed anywhere within Europe and must be fluent in English. We are seeking a Sales Director, with a background in a Clinical CRO although we would consider candidates from other scientific backgrounds who have strong leadership skills and experience of clinical trials.
In addition, the ideal candidate should be able to:
- Works closely with Senior/Executive Directors of Sales and/or Vice President of Sales and Client Services on client selection strategy, BDD assignment and account development plans
- Lead (coaching, mentoring, guiding, challenging, problem solving etc.) a team of BDD's. Hires and develops diverse talent
- Assigns accounts, territories and forecasts individual territory sales goals
- Delivers order goals for the territory
- Assists sales team in developing internal and external relationships and identifying new market opportunities
- Conducts quarterly review of account plans
- Works closely with sales leaders in other Covance business units to develop joint opportunities and relationships with clients
- Facilitates negotiation of margin and pricing discussions both internally and externally
- Manages team performance and feedback providing guidance on development opportunities and action plans
- Functions as an advisor to the BDD's, troubleshooting and resolving internal and external issues
- Facilitates strong internal relationships and communication with operational colleagues
- Utilizes SFDC to manage team pipeline, forecast and analyse key sales metrics
- Gathers and shares market intelligence and competitive information with sales team, peers and marketing
- Supports/assists in developing BU-based global MSAs and preferred provider agreements
In Return we offer
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality as we stay abreast of industry and research latest knowledge and innovation.
We offer opportunities to work on diverse and challenging projects with bright, innovative and creative colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career with highly competitive salaries and remuneration packages. Covance's ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
So, if you are passionate about leadership and the impact it can have on healthcare and have passion, commercial acumen and are flexible and creative in your way of working and thinking, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
- Bachelor's degree in life science or business field preferred; advanced degree preferred
- Ability to manage and motivate client facing teams
- Demonstrated leadership experience in leading and presenting to executives and senior levels of the client organization
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, ability to form strong and effective relationships internally and externally
- Ability to adapt your style and approach to different audiences internally and externally
- Experience of presenting to executives and/or senior levels within a client organization
- Experience developing and executing strategic business plans
- Able to work autonomously and effectively, managing your own priorities in conjunction with those of your colleagues and your clients
- Proven ability to identify, develop and implement creative and innovative strategies that lead to effective long term client relationships
- Experience of developing a 'large' account by effective networking and prospecting, building a sales pipeline, delivering creative proposals and delivering opportunities
- Willingness to travel, around 40-50% (COVID allowing) of the role will include visiting clients across Europe with some travel to the US for meetings and conferences