Assistant Production Manager, Yarnton
- Experience Level
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Manufacturing Team is responsible for the production and aseptic fill and finish of vectors, for our clients and partners, to GMP standard.
We are looking for a talented Assistant Manager who wants to make a difference. You will be supporting a Facility Production Manager in the management of the day-to-day production activities.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Co-ordinates production activities and requirements with other departments in order to achieve the production schedule with minimal disruption to other activities within the facility
- Facilitates project changes by preparing and owning Change Control documentation
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for manufacturing Deviations, CAPAs, Change Controls and regulatory / customer GMP audits
- Deputises for the Production Manager during absence
- Develops external client relationships within Pharma/Biotech industry.
- Co-ordinates projects and customer needs for manufacturing
- Leads process/continuous improvement projects to increase the department’s efficiency
- Works in conjunction with the Production Manager to train/mentor the Biotech Team Leads
- Works with the Company wide project teams to introduce new processes into the facility
- Liaise with the Production Manager(s) as appropriate, and maintain concordance with regulatory expectations for a given process to ensure consistency
- Interacts and influences with other key functions within OXB.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in a science related subject and/or experience of working to GMP standard within an aseptic environment
- Proven experience within biological/chemical manufacturing experience in an MHRA /FDA regulated environment
- Good knowledge of aseptic processing, single use disposable processes & GMP plant equipment.
- Previous people management skills
- Ability to communicate on all levels
- Robust problem solving skills with the ability to make informed decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong knowledge of MS Office applications
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
We look forward to receiving your application
Closing Date 12th April 2021
No agencies please.