VP (Clinical Lab Operations)
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
Hobson Prior are looking for a VP (Clinical Lab Operations) to join a rare diseases organisation who are focused on accelerating the development of new drugs. This role be on a permanent basis and will be based in Rostock.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- To lead and structure 5 main departments (8 sub departments), responsible for processing of patient samples by genetics and/or biomarkers.
- Ensuring the timely processing of diagnostic patient samples in production departments at all the organisation's facilities, including our facility in Cambridge, MA (USA).
- Providing leadership to a team of 5 direct reports.
- To develop long-term strategies for effective processes within the department, including the assessment and validation of emerging technologies.
- Financial and disciplinary responsibility for the departments and affiliations focused on cost and time effective processing of patient samples.
- Structuring the continuous supply of consumables, as well as capacity and uptime of instruments in close collaboration with Finance and Procurement teams.
- Recognising new collaborations to expand and advance the position of the company, especially in the field of next generation sequencing, in close collaboration with Sales and R&D.
- Taking accountability for department related projects, including interdepartmental coordination, industrial cooperation and high-volume projects.
- Representing the organisation to Clients and at international conferences.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very good command of written and spoken English (German- any further language is an advantage).
- Requires a strong background and understanding of common and rare genetic diseases, molecular genomics, diagnostics, and genomic biomarkers, continuously monitoring the scientific developments.
- MD or PhD in Life Science.
- An in-depth understanding of next-generation sequencing technologies.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years managing/supervising a certified diagnostic laboratory.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant leadership experience, preferably in an international team and with a focus on managing leadership personnel.
- Willingness to relocated to Rostock, travel about 10% of the time.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.