Scientist III / IV, Cell Engineering Group
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s (OXB) Cell Engineering Group (CEG) is part of the Platform Research Department and its primary function is to develop stable cell lines, which will ultimately be used for the production of lentiviral vectors (LVs). CEG is seeking to recruit an experienced scientist, who will be required to plan, execute and report experiments as well as supporting other members of the team as needed. The successful candidate will have skills and experience with tissue culture, cell line development and molecular biology. Experience with NGS platforms and bioinformatics is preferred. Experience with LV production, lab automation and gene-editing techniques would be an added advantage.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist III / IV to join the team. Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Involvement in Cell Engineering project activities, which may include bioinformatics, plasmid development, cell line development, gene editing, LV production, NGS and, automation.
- Design and conduct experiments /investigations in accordance with correct methodologies and procedures under the direction of Principal and Senior Scientists.
- Maintain a high standard of record keeping and documentation of experiments and investigations to ensure that information is captured clearly and timely.
- Analyse and interpret data for documenting and reporting at internal meetings, client meetings and external venues such as conferences.
- Prepare written reports to a high standard.
- Conduct research and technical support of the highest quality in line with role specific activities.
- Share scientific knowledge through regular team/department meetings and presentations
- May be responsible for maintenance of a laboratory area and/or important equipment.
- Personally responsible for the completion of tasks in relation to their criticality.
- Contribute to the efficient and safe operation of the laboratory.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- BSc, MSc or PhD in an applicable Bioscience with an appropriate level of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of general cellular and molecular biology techniques
- Practical experience with tissue culture, flow cytometry, nucleic acid extractions, qPCR, western blot and plasmid cloning.
- Experience with NGS platforms and bioinformatic analysis, with an emphasis on using R and the command line.
- It would be an advantage, but not essential, to have experience with one or more of the following - LV production, gene editing, ddPCR, Python.
- Knowledge in Virology and Gene Therapy would be an advantage.
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please