Scientist Assistant, PRD
7 days left
- Experience Level
- Entry level
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Process R&D team consists of experienced scientists and engineers that have extensive expertise in all aspects of upstream and downstream development. PR&D take processes from the laboratory “bench” scale and apply process expertise and engineering fundamentals for delivery to Manufacturing.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist Assistant to join the team. The purpose of this role is to provide essential laboratory activities and services to support the team
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- To perform stock checks of consumables, media, solutions, buffers used by Scientists to ensure work activities are maintained.
- To receive deliveries and unpack stock into laboratories.
- To clean and maintain the laboratory equipment and facilities.
- To operate the autoclave and dispose of waste materials as required.
- To raise engineering requests and to chaperone engineers whilst they are servicing/repairing equipment under the guidance of scientists / line manager.
- To raise new asset request numbers / prepare asset relocation and disposal forms for laboratory equipment under the guidance of scientists / line manager.
- To raise LMT work requests and assist LMT as required within the PRD laboratories.
- To assist in maintaining the health and safety compliance as applicable.
- To prepare media and aliquot solutions /buffers as required by the laboratories.
- To autoclave consumables as required by the laboratories
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- GCSE English and Maths
- Able to read, write legibly and perform basic maths
- Able to use Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook
- Able to communicate clearly with Scientists and Managers
- Able to listen to instructions and follow them
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives.
No agencies please