Laboratory Technician, Laboratory Management Team
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Do you want a meaningful role that matters? We do what’s right for our employees, patients and partners, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Laboratory Management Team is responsible for overseeing the smooth running of the GMP laboratory suites. The team is accountable for the smooth running of the day to day activities of the laboratories including cleaning, waste management, stock control and overseeing equipment servicing and calibration.
This is an opportunity for someone with some previous laboratory experience to help us ensure the smooth & efficient & compliant running of our laboratory suites.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- To provide support for equipment maintenance including equipment files and service contracts.
- Be responsible for activities undertaken in the Microbiology lab servicing the analytical laboratory suites. i.e. overseeing submission and testing of samples, ensuring assays are performed to meet regulatory compliance in a timely manner
- Be responsible to ensuring the delivery of cell culture stocks to the lab based groups
- Making sure equipment is serviced and calibrated and fit for purpose
- Raising and review equipment files to meet Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards
- Overseeing, maintaining and ensuring quality of key stock consumables, media, solutions, buffers used by Scientists to ensure work activities are maintained
- Assisting the laboratory supervisor to ensure the laboratory suites meet regulatory compliance
- Ensuring OXB laboratory waste management systems are adhered to
- To follow up on cleaning schedules to (GMP) within OXB suites
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a Diploma or A Level preferably within a Life Sciences or equivalent experience within a similar environment
- Experience in working in GLP and/or GMP laboratory
- Previous experience with aseptic techniques & pipette use
- Capable of assessing assay results in depth and apply reasoning for failed assays.
- Computer skills essential with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
*Please note this is not considered an entry level career undergraduate path into Research & Development or Manufacturing at Oxford Biomedica. Please see Scientist II or Biotechnologist I opportunities on our career site for these types of roles.
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please