Manufacturing Excellence Facilitator
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Do you have expertise in Lean & Manufacturing Excellence? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Here at AstraZeneca, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every single day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies our mission is centred on delivering life-changing products, advance world health and helping to fight and cure disease.
AstraZeneca has a dynamic environment that champions collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we cultivate and build top talent.
We are driven by our commitment to deliver accelerated growth for AstraZeneca and to make people's lives better. It pushes us to keep building on our foundations and progressing as we turn our ever-growing and increasingly complex pipeline from molecule to medicine. Be part of evolving how we work with Lean, cutting-edge science, digitalisation and sustainable practices.
As a Manufacturing Excellence Facilitator we'll ask you to be responsible for the coaching of teams across our Liverpool site in the practical application of Lean tools and techniques. You'll ensure that individuals have the capability to deliver the performance required to meet the site objectives and ultimately Manufacturing Excellence.
You will support deployment of the site Manufacturing Excellence Strategy working in collaboration with all continuous improvement resources.
We'll expect you to coach & facilitate Lean Leadership behaviours and the practical application of Lean methods to accelerate and uplift our business performance to deliver medicines to patients, quicker.
Confident working at all levels of the business, you'll coach and help teams and individuals make the right connections to the methodology in order to develop sound Lean behaviours such as Gemba, standardised ways of working, practical problem solving, leader standard work, workplace organisation, visual management and really driving a culture and mindset of continuous improvement through PDCA.
By facilitating Lean ways of working across manufacturing and support functions, you will influence, deliver and sustain site objectives, linked to the site and organisational strategy, scorecard and ambition to be a robust Lean organisation.
By operating as part of a Global AstraZeneca Lean Network, you will collaborate and share standard methodologies to support driving our vision of a truly integrated AstraZeneca Supply System.
With good networking skills, we'll support you in leading cross functional innovations representing Manufacturing Excellence and sharing findings for future improvements.
Working within a highly regulated environment, we'll need you to align with all required internal and external standards (ie Code of Conduct, cGMP Compliance, company policies & procedures).
By ensuring Manufacturing Excellence is integrated into the team responsibilities, you'll adopt a continuous improvement philosophy and a Right First Time from Me attitude to all operations.
- Preferably educated to degree level in a scientific, technical or business related field.
- Qualification or proven industry related experience in Lean/Six Sigma projects and programs in a manufacturing or healthcare environment.
- Good understanding of cGMP, and SHE compliance requirements for areas of responsibility.
- Ability to influence peers and leadership teams through challenging the status-quo in a constructive and scientific manner.
- Able to optimally coach, guide, facilitate and role model "ways of working" whilst also being prepared to "do".
- Able to demonstrate clear leadership, encompassing communication, motivation, influencing and team building/team performance skills up to and including manager level.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to implement effective and sustainable change within the cGMP environment.
- Able to combine self-initiative along with sound people skills to be able to accomplish tasks through other people on time.
- Confident in taking ownership and holding others accountable with a demonstrated ability to drive initiatives to completion through others without direct supervisory responsibility.
- Must have a proven ability to work effectively with various management and supervisory teams in the development and execution of Manufacturing Excellence initiatives.
- Able to utilise a hands-on teamwork approach to problems, planning, and people associated with all aspects of the initiatives.
- Presentation and training skills, presenting at supervisory and management levels within the organisation.
Excited by this opportunity, then apply today!
Competitive Salary & Benefits Offered
Closing date: 09/04/2021