Director of Operations - Real World Solutions and Late Phase Services (Home Based)
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
Director / Senior Director of Operations – Real World Solutions
At PRA, we don’t make our 17,000+ people great. It’s the other way around. As we have grown to a top-5 CRO, we have maintained the feel of a small company, dedicated to collaboration and with an underlying shared passion for what we do every day.
We always have a desire to keep seeking new and better ways to operate. We don’t settle for the same old ways. Our focus on improving patient lives worldwide permeates all that we do. Put simply, we care.
Our industry-recognised late phase department (Real World Solutions) focuses on peri- and post-approval ‘real world’ clinical research and is the ideal place for talented individuals with the right combination of experience and drive to forge a long-term career in a highly-innovative and rewarding environment. Due to recent new business awards of exciting projects, PRA is seeking to strengthen the leadership within Real World Solutions by welcoming on board a new Director or Senior Director of Operations.
The fundamental focus of your role will be to provide strategic and operational oversight and leadership to global project teams within the Real World Solutions group. Using your established knowledge of peri- and post-approval research, you will be instrumental to ensure the correct planning, implementation and monitoring of study activities to ensure the highest standards of quality and delivery. Project / program oversight, departmental leadership, high-level client management and line management are all aspects of this challenging and rewarding role.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Operations of Real World Solutions, your key responsibilities will include:
- To provide strategic direction to sides of Real World Project Managers and Project Directors, providing leadership in the implementation of PRA’s quality standards and processes
- To ensure projects are being managed within the contracted schedule and budget via regular project status reviews, identifying risks and trends and corresponding mitigation strategies.
- To manage resource to ensure profitability
- To manage a group of specialist Real World Project Managers and Project Directors, ensuring they each have the tools needed to succeed via career development, training, performance assessment and feedback. You will also be responsible for hiring and retention within your team
- To confidently and effectively manage client relationships, interfacing with customer representatives at a high level to ensure expectations are met and preferably exceeded discussing areas of risk, timelines and project progress.To act as an internal and external point of escalation for resolution of emergent risks and issues
- To internally represent the functional area of Real World Solutions within corporate initiatives at PRA
- To contribute to business development via your input to proposals and project bids, attending bid defences and other client meetings, as required
Additionally, you may also be involved in PRA’s efforts to ensure continuous improvement in policies, procedures and business processes, and/or lead departmental initiatives to ensure global harmonisation.
The working environment in this business unit is highly collaborative. This is in part thanks to our inspiring and friendly team of skilled colleagues who share a passion for real world research; a team that prides itself on fostering a human element within their work.
Passionate with a deep knowledge of real world studies, open-minded and a highly-effective communicator.
Here at PRA we want our employees to succeed and ensure that they are set up for this success through constant training, development and support. To enable success in this position you will have:
- A substantial and demonstrable track record of success within peri- and post-approval project management and project/operational oversight
- Experience in motivating and leading teams globally, including functional (line) and matrix-based management experience
- Expert knowledge of the requirements and challenges associated with real world clinical research, including study designs, GxP regulations and technologies/approaches associated with primary and secondary data capture
- Prior working experience of increasing responsibility in peri- / post- approval teams at a CRO and/or Pharmaceutical companies with a track record of success.
- An approachable personality that proactively identifies challenges while creatively seeking resolution
- A drug-development mindset – being able to evaluate and articulate tactical and strategic approaches that consider the bigger picture
- The ability to multi-task and effectively balance and communicate priorities
- Effective client and team management skills
- Strong financial acumen
- A relevant educational background (for example, a licensed healthcare professional or at minimum an undergraduate degree or equivalent in a life sciences discipline). An advanced postgraduate degree (i.e., MS, MPH, PharmD and/or PhD, is preferred).
PRA Health Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.For more information please visit our website: www.prahs.com