Inside Sales Manager I
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
- Achieves quarterly and annual lead generation goals as outlined in sales incentive comp plan.
- Handles inbound client calls, qualifies leads and if appropriate grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
- Collaborates effectively with Business Development Directors in business unit; brings potential opportunities to their attention.
- Effectively transfers accounts and client information to Business Development Directors.
- Manages annual expense budget and submits expense reports for reimbursement on approval timelines.
- Expands client requests upselling for business unit when possible.
- Provides weekly sales activity report to management.
- Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan
- Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
- Sells the business unit's capabilities leveraging differentiation framework
- Recognizes and communicates sales opportunities for other business units.
- Establishes and manages customer expectations.
- Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Organizes and hosts client visits if required.
- Uses SFDC to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required for the business unit.
- Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Maintains frequent email and phone contact with clients to grow and expand business relationships.
- Leverages Marketing, SMEs and Operations Staff to support client discussions and heighten clients' awareness of BU services.
- Evaluates quotations and provides input to ensure client and company requirements are met.
- Collaborates effectively with sales executives from other business units to bring potential opportunities to their attention.
- Leverage Social Selling techniques and tools to reach clients through digital channels sharing information including Covance services, web conferences, industry meetings, SME news, etc.
- Establishes, nurtures and grows client relationships at the appropriate levels
Bachelor's degree in life science or business field
- Experience in CRO market - preferably sales or operations in related discipline
- Other required work-related experiences