Apprenticeship - Laboratory Technician
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, Covance, LabCorp's cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp's 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp/Covance 2021 Apprenticeship Programin Eye. As an Apprentice Laboratory Technician within Covance, you will play an integral role in supporting all aspects of laboratory and study support functions for our testing and development work. Following a comprehensive induction process and carefully-tailored training program, you will acquire a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of clinical trials and bringing miracles of medicine to market.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
We have opportunities in the following department:
Necropsy - Specialising in the accurate and efficient dissection of organs from a range of species. The apprenticeship program is well established and trains individuals in physical dissection skills, as well as a knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice and laboratory responsibilities.
You will learn the following:
- Routine and one-off laboratory testing and how to perform a variety of technical laboratory techniques;
- Work both individually and as part of the laboratory team;
- Work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work that is undertaken;
- Work safely in the laboratory, maintaining excellent housekeeping whilst following appropriate safety, environment and risk management systems;
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced and be able to maintain good accurate written records of work carried out;
- Follow quality procedures to meet the requirements of quality standards relevant to the workplace;
- Develop and apply your theoretical knowledge of relevant science and technology;
- Tissue recognition, cutting, staining and microscopy; and its associated data management
- Preparation and recording a wide variety of formulations for Toxicology studies
What you'll receive:
- You'll undertake an Advanced Apprenticeship in Laboratory Technician over the course of 24 months,
- You will study for a HNC
- An IOSH Managing Safely certificate
- A chance to Act as an Ambassador across Suffolk for Science roles,
- A salary of £14,500 in your first year rising progressively as you progress based on performance
- A generous benefits and holiday package
- Progression opportunities and a chance to work on ground breaking trials
- An A-level in Biology or Chemistry preferred but not essential, or relevant work Experience or a level 3 science based qualification,
- A passion for science,
- A willingness to learn,
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team,
- Great attention to detail,
- Good communication skills
Start date: September 2021
Minimum of 5 GSCEs to include Maths, English and Science
None necessary Full training will be given.