Senior Safety Project Lead
- Experience Level
Senior Safety Project Lead will be responsible for management and service delivery excellence for assigned projects, covering single or multiple Lifecycle Safety functions (clinical trial and / or post-market). Provide leadership and accountability for customer-facing activities and oversight of operational service delivery, working cross-functionally and across the opportunity lifecycle, integrating delivery into one seamless and transparent program for customers, aligned by accounts. Collaborate with global management team and integrated partners to develop and implement strategic initiatives/solutions to expand business, partnership, strengthen overall relationship and ensure global consistency.
• Manage customer interface and communication for assigned projects. Represent Lifecycle Safety on projects and serve as primary point of contact within Lifecycle Safety for all internal and external customers.
• Manage customer deliverables for assigned projects and bring continuity to project design and delivery through customer delivery.
• May act as an account owner over a program or customer portfolio and therefore report program/portfolio level metrics and provide oversight of projects they do not directly lead.
• Perform role of solution architect responsible for crafting and defending proposed solutions to new standalone Safety business opportunities. Formulates operational budgetary assumptions and takes decisions to steer the creation of the budget, fulfil required customization of text and data.
• Provide leadership and accountability for customer-facing collateral and operational support to deliver key customer messages, working cross-functionally and across the opportunity lifecycle, integrating lifecycle safety core message delivery into customer facing material, presentations and meetings.
• Provide leadership and structure for customer service interface from scoping stage, through proposal generation, bid defence to transition of work and service delivery.
• Manage finances for assigned projects. Responsible for updating financial systems. Work closely with manager on revenue recognition, invoicing, project budget review, project financial analysis, pursuit of change orders, etc.
• Develop specialist expertise and may act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on departmental or global initiatives
• Support start-up of new projects using standard operating procedures and best practices, including identifying potential risks during project initiation and implementing mitigation measures to ensure seamless delivery at maintenance stage.
• Attend meetings with internal and external stakeholders. Provides project status updates, defines processes, project planning/strategy.
• Work with Sales and Proposals to ensure rapid, seamless, tailored responses to opportunities. Drive business growth by improving customer loyalty through enhanced customer relations, service delivery excellence and excellent customer communication.
• Participate in sales activities, and sales presentations.
• Contributes during client and internal audits and inspections for assigned projects. Liaise with Quality Assurance staff and management in the compilation of Corrective Action Plans.
• Work closely with Lifecycle Safety management to address problem areas and customer needs.
• Bachelor's Degree Health science or other directly related field
• Around 2-3 years' experience of Lifecycle Safety (Pharmacovigilance, CEVA, Medical Information, safety Publishing, Risk Management etc) with project management experience
• Knowledge of applicable global, regional and local clinical research regulatory requirement; i.e. Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines.
• Strong prioritization, planning and organizational skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills including ability to work and lead teleconferences.
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects and manage competing priorities.
• Ability to manage ambiguity.
• Strong presentation (independently present at internal/external meetings) skills; report writing skills and customer focus skills.
• Accountability, ownership and transparency.
• Knowledge of business acumen and financial analytical skills, tactical planning, and budgeting.
• Creative and innovative, initiative and pro-active.
• Effective motivating, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.