Director, Statistical Programming - Late Stage CVRM
- Experience Level
Are you a Statistical Programmer with deep knowledge within clinical development? Are you also an experienced leader that wants to challenge your strategic mindset and management skills in a fast-paced and agile team that are empowered and trusted to innovate and experiment? Then, join us at AstraZeneca Late-Stage CVRM (Cardiovascular Renal Metabolism) Biometrics and get access to our extensive capabilities and comprehensive pipeline where you'll be involved in a wide range of engaging projects aiming to make a difference for millions of patients.
At AstraZeneca, we work at the cutting edge of science to develop the ground-breaking medicines of the future - here we do things that have never been done before. We put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality, by doing the right things. We truly understand science and use our unique scientific capabilities to deliver what we believe to be one of the most productive pipelines in the industry. If your passion is science and you want to be part of a team that makes a bigger impact on patients' lives, then there's no better place to be.
We are now offering an exciting opportunity for a talented and highly motivated individual to join us in the role as Director Statistical Programming within Late CVRM Biometrics.
The role can be based at AstraZeneca's dynamic R&D sites in Gothenburg (Sweden) or Gaithersburg (USA).
What you'll do
As the Director Statistical Programming, you are responsible for leading, managing and developing a team of programmers. You will lead cross-functional teams compromised of experts to deliver continuous process improvement. You will oversee one large complexed project or multiple drug projects. To be successful in this role, a strategic mindset and great management skills are crucial since the role promotes consistent approaches to data analysis and reporting, tools development and governance and also standards development and governance.
Essential for the role
- Degree in Mathematics (i.e., Applied Math, Engineering, etc.), Statistics, Computer Science, Life Science, or equivalent experience
- Proven programming leadership experience
- Thorough knowledge of the clinical development process
- Current knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements relevant to the role
- Thorough knowledge of industry standards
- Demonstrated leadership capability and proven ability to lead teams towards a common goal
- Ability to develop teams and individuals
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skill
- Ability to influence relevant stakeholders and global teams
- Ability to provide input to functional strategies
- Ability to manage risk in complicated or novel situations
- Functional strategist
Desirable for the role
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing business processes
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills Line management/ leadership experience
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what's next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!
Welcome with your application (CV and cover letter) no later than April 11th, 2021.
We will review the applications continuously so please apply as soon as possible.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company proud to provide a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and cross-boundary collaboration. Within this environment employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives, and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.