- Experience Level
We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2021, including April, July and September. Please note that most of our new recruits will be based in our Global Headquarters in Cambridge, however we have a small number of opportunities available at our London and Manchester offices.
Who We Are
Costello Medical is a rapidly growing global healthcare agency specialising in medical communications, market access and health economic and outcomes research. We work with a wide range of clients, including the industry’s most successful pharmaceutical and medical technology companies, patient and public health bodies and charitable organisations. Our lasting client partnerships create a direct and measurable impact on the successful launch of novel therapies and devices across a wide range of disease areas. Our vision is to be a community of the very best people, constantly challenging ourselves to make meaningful and outstanding contributions to improving healthcare.
We are committed to our company values which are central to creating our fun, friendly and innovative workplace in which we strive to deliver the highest standards of quality. As a result, we have been listed in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For list for four consecutive years.
Opportunities for Analysts and Medical Writers
At Costello Medical, Analysts and Medical Writers work on projects involving the detailed analysis of data from clinical trials and the assimilation and creative presentation of this analysis in different formats including posters, slide sets, value dossiers, reports and peer-reviewed publications. These deliverables are used directly by our clients in communication with external stakeholders instrumental to the successful uptake of novel therapies. The work is structured on a project-by-project basis and you will usually be working on several projects in different disease areas at any one time.
You will work in project teams alongside experienced colleagues, who provide one-to-one training in the technical aspects of the role, including project management and effective client communication. Delivering project work requires close collaboration with clients, and following a successful induction period you will increasingly participate in teleconferences and face-to-face meetings with external stakeholders.
Costello Medical is structured into divisional teams focusing on distinct medical communications and health economics services or serving a specific sector within the healthcare industry. All Analysts and Medical Writers can work cross-divisionally to develop a broad understanding of the company’s services and clients, or if you have an interest in joining a specialised division you can do so from the start.
For further information about the vacancies, please visit our careers page here: www.costellomedical.com/careers/vacancies
What Background Should You Have?
We are looking for individuals who are collaborative, self-motivated and enthusiastic with a genuine interest in healthcare and an eagerness to learn about new areas of science.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a scientific discipline (minimum 2.1). We welcome applications from candidates with a diverse range of specialisms, including but not limited to; biology, chemistry, pharmacy and medicine
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written English
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to work across multiple projects at the same time
- Aptitude for and experience of planning and writing scientific documents which could include lab reports, dissertations, poster or oral presentations and articles for websites or student magazines, poster or oral presentations, peer-reviewed scientific publications, book chapters, grant applications, regulatory documents
Why Costello Medical?
- You will be encouraged to take a highly active role in your professional development; you will be presented with numerous opportunities for rapid career progression. To learn more about the tailored career progression we offer at Costello Medical, our colleagues share their experiences of growing with the company here: https://www.costellomedical.com/careers/working-at-costello-medical/profiles/
- All our scientific roles are client facing, and following a successful induction period you will become increasingly involved in teleconferences and face-to-face meetings with clients.
- Excellent external training opportunities are offered with full funding and paid study leave; including the Masters in Health Economics for Healthcare Professionals at the University of York, the Postgraduate Clinical Trials and Public Health programmes at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and accreditation courses with the European Medical Writers Association.
- Our work environment is fun, friendly and supportive. We organise regular social events and team building activities, funded by the company.
- We are committed to the delivery of effective healthcare globally, and aim to dedicate our time to pro bono projects.
- The starting salary is £30,000 per annum and is accompanied by a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and a cover letter via our online application form on our website.
In your cover letter you should explain why you think you would be suited to the role and why you would like to join Costello Medical. Your CV should clearly state dates of all relevant degrees. Please ensure CV also clearly states the grades have achieved, or are due to receive, for your undergraduate and postgraduate degrees as well as the grades you received for your A-Levels.
Please contact the recruitment team at email@example.com if you have any questions about the role or application process.