Senior Regulatory Executive
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Dreaming of a job where you help break new ground? We may have just the role you are looking for here at PAGB.
PAGB, the consumer healthcare association, represents the manufacturers of branded OTC medicines, self care medical devices and food supplements in the UK. PAGB empowers self care by being the expert voice of the consumer healthcare industry; we shape our environment through engaging with stakeholders on key policy issues and ensuring best practice in our industry.
As we adapt to life outside the EU and its systems, UK regulators are developing new ways to guarantee the availability and safety of OTC medicines and medical devices used by millions of people to manage health problems and practise self care.
As Senior Regulatory Executive at PAGB, you will be
- part of a team with opportunities to help shape the new regulatory landscape that meets the needs of business and consumers alike.
- develop and maintain relationships with the MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Authority) as well as stakeholders across Government, the consumer healthcare industry, and other national and international trade associations.
- be the key contact providing advice for member companies in the field – whether they are producing nasal sprays to stave off hay fever, emollient cream to alleviate eczema or eye drops to prevent irritation.
- have a keen eye for detail, without ever losing sight of the bigger regulatory picture, and the ability to absorb and distil technical information for briefing documents, reports and press statements.
It is a varied and challenging role in which no two days are the same.
Main Purpose of job
As PAGB in-house subject matter expert on regulations, you will support the development and delivery of PAGB’s regulatory strategy for OTC medicines and self care medical devices. Applying your regulatory experience, you will lead key day to day regulatory and publishing activities for the regulatory team, provide regulatory support to PAGB members, manage PAGB working groups and sub-groups, and work with colleagues on PAGB’s response to regulatory and scientific issues affecting its members.
You will confidently develop and maintain relationships with relevant external stakeholders in pursuit of PAGB policy objectives such as government organisations, regulators and other trade associations ensuring that PAGB’s position is represented.
What we are looking for:
- Life sciences, chemistry, or pharmacy graduate to honours level or equivalent.
- We are looking for at least 2 years of working within a regulatory environment, ideally within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry.
- Experience of interaction with Regulatory agencies e.g. MHRA, EMA
- Formal Regulatory Affairs professional qualifications preferred
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to join the team. Experience of critical thinking and assessing evidence.