Business Intelligence Developer - VIPER
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
As a Data Engineer, you will be dedicated to one of our global pharmaceutical clients, a company that values performance, recognises merit and has a high focus on quality. This environment encourages innovation, individuality and embraces people that want to be a part of it.
As a Data Engineer, you will be dedicated to one of our global pharmaceutical clients, a company that values performance, recognizes merit and has a high focus on quality. This environment encourages innovation, individuality and embraces people that want to be a part of it.
The Data Engineer is responsible for contributing to the development of the strategy for Analytics, Reporting and Metrics building in line with overall Business Information Services strategy leveraging visualization tools/business intelligence platforms.
Your role will include the following: -
- Responsibility for handling routine and adhoc data-provisioning requests for complex downstream analysis
- Ensuring data is prepared & structured based on scope of requirements and creating the model for delivery
- Performing exploratory analysis and determining patterns in the data that may present problems during analysis in its native form.
- Determining outliers within the data and adjusting, removing or inputting missing data to ensure data is clean and fit for analysis
- Key customers/consumers internally within the global pharma company will include multiple Data Science teams located across the business
- Leveraging business intelligence tool i.e Spotfire for exploratory analysis and data review
- Liaising, advising and negotiating with key customer groups on requirements and proposing innovative solutions to meet their data modelling/data provisioning requirements
- Responsible for the development and implementation of capabilities to make provisioning of requests more routine, structured and efficient
- Contributing to initiatives that enable faster and more effective data modelling/analysis and provisioning
- Ensuring systems, code, and documentation are inspection ready
This position can be based in either our Livingston office or can be fully remote/home-based in the UK.
A solutions orientated, analytical and customer focused individual with a global business mind set and a strong background in operational excellence!
Here at PRA we want our employees to succeed and ensure that they are set up for this success through constant training, development and support. To enable success in this position you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math’s, Statistics, Science or Computer Science
- Advanced skills in R or Python are essential - we are looking for an expert in these area
- Clinical Trials experience is essential - we will not consider applicants from other industries for this position
- ETL (Extract Transfer & Load), SQL and Data Warehouse experience preferred
- Experience of Data Wrangling, Data modelling, Data Analysis/Data Quality
- Understanding of statistical principles/analysis
- Experience or familiarity with business intelligence visualization tools a business intelligence visualization tool, from MS Excel through to Spotfire / Tableau / Power BI, would be an advantage
- Interest in or Understanding of Data Science techniques would be an advantage (machine learning, AI etc.).
Your health, your family, your career, your money — the things that matter to you, matter to us. The benefits of PRA just get better and better.
PRA Health Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
For more information please visit our website: www.prahs.com