Safety Project Lead
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
As a Safety Project Lead you will be responsible for management and service delivery excellence of small to medium sized projects, as assigned by senior staff, covering single or multiple Lifecycle Safety functions (clinical trial and / or post-market). You will contribute to customer-facing activities and oversight of operational service delivery, working cross- functionally and across the opportunity lifecycle. Provide support for customer service interface, integrating delivery into one seamless and transparent program for customers, aligned by accounts. Collaborate with global management team and integrated partners to develop and implement strategic initiatives and solutions to expand business, partnership, strengthen overall relationship and ensure global consistency.
• Manage customer interface and communication for assigned projects under guidance from senior team members. Represent Lifecycle Safety on projects; may serve as primary point of contact within Lifecycle Safety for all internal and external customers.
• Manage customer deliverables for assigned projects and bring continuity to project design and delivery through customer delivery under guidance from senior team members (including project planning, defining project/scope management, quality management and project financial management).
• Perform role of solution architect responsible for crafting and defending proposed solutions to new standalone Safety business opportunities.
• Act autonomously as the Safety Subject Matter Expert (SME) and single point of contact for Governance, Executives and Integrated Partners in construction of proposed solution and defends the strategy and pricing from initiation through to delivery.
• Provide leadership and accountability for customer-facing collateral and operational support to deliver key customer messages, working cross-functionally and across the opportunity lifecycle, integrating lifecycle safety core message delivery into customer facing material, presentations and meetings.
• Manage finances for assigned projects under guidance from senior team members. Work closely with senior team member to update financial systems, including revenue recognition, invoicing, project budget review, project financial analysis, pursuit of change orders.
• Develop specialist expertise and may act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on departmental or local initiatives.
• Support start-up of new small to medium projects using standard operating procedures and best practices.
• Work with Sales and Proposals to ensure rapid, seamless, tailored responses to opportunities. Drive business growth by improving customer loyalty through enhanced customer relations, service delivery excellence and excellent customer communication as guided by senior team member
• May assist with sales activities, and sales presentations (capabilities, bid defenses) and proposal development (strategy, costs and text), as needed under guidance of senior team member.
• High School Diploma or equivalent Health science or other directly related field
• At least 1 year's experience of Lifecycle Safety (Pharmacovigilance, CEVA, Medical Information, Safety Publishing, Risk Management etc) including project management
• Equivalent combination of education, training or experience
• Understanding of applicable global, regional and local clinical research regulatory requirement; i.e. Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines, IQVIA Standard Operating Procedures.
• Willingness to increase knowledge across Lifecycle Safety service lines and develop new skills.
• Strong prioritization, planning and organizational skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills including ability to work and lead teleconferences
• Good collaborative and organizational skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and manage competing priorities.
• Accountability, ownership and transparency.
• Customer focused with effective relationship building skills.
• Good presentation skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.