Proposal Manager I
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Covance is now part of LabCorp. LabCorp, anS&P500 company, is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. LabCorp reported net revenues of over$10 billionin 2017.
About the Team:
The Proposal Management department is responsible for providing the client, in great detail, about the services that Covance can offer in the format of proposals, budgets and working in close proximity with the sales and operational teams.
We are currently recruiting for a Proposal Manager I to join our team.
The ideal candidate would have strong Industry proposal/regulatory experience. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a Global team. This is a remote based role anywhere in the UK.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Owns all aspects of the appropriate proposal process (setting up proposal strategy/follow up/pricing calls, preparing all text including editing/writing, developing the quote, budget) for assigned opportunities (inclusive of managing opportunities under general supervision, establishing clear timelines, meeting client requirement, and suggesting solutions for obstacles)
- Responsible for managing opportunities of low to medium complexity
- Support integrated opportunities (i.e., spanning across multiple Business Units)
- Reviews and analyzes Request for Proposal (RFP) documents or Triaged Sales-summary to ensure adequate information for budget, proposal and/or response preparation is provided. Follows up with appropriate contact for additional information as required.
- Identifies and resolves issues around client enquiry requirements and Covance capabilities with support
- Organizes and facilitates strategic and operational calls related to the opportunity
- Work across the organization in matrix environment across multiple time-zones and locations to lead the process and complete deliverables
- Prepares high-quality and accurate documents in accordance with agreed strategy and Client/Sponsor requirements and expectations under the pressure of changing timelines
- Supports facilitating internal and external opportunity management negotiations (i.e. pricing, process, resources, timelines, etc.) as needed
- Ensures timely delivery of assigned work
- Is responsible for resolving of issues/challenges and informing Manager; may seek Manager's advice for complex issues/challenges
- Performs timely and accurate data entry into departmental and/or corporate databases/systems as appropriate
- Identifies and participates in ways to improve the efficiency and quality of processes and the resulting deliverables
- Performs quality control activities per the appropriate process/requirements
- Expected to contribute to content library by submitting new content or updates to existing content, using the official content submission process
- Expected to support other team members as requested
- Liaise with third party vendors/vendor managers for provision of quotations and/or information, where required
- Completes other appropriate duties, as assigned by the manager, which require similar skills in accordance with business needs and common sense.
Bachelor's degree required in related field or equivalent work experience
- Applicable minimum years of experience in budget and/or text development, or an equivalent combination of education and CRO/pharma/other related experience to successfully perform the essential job duties
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical area which may include having worked in proposals, budgets, contracts or operations and which may have pertained to regulatory consulting services, market access etc.
- Experience with/Knowledge of Regulatory requirements and processes for pharmaceutical/device/technology a plus
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
- Demonstrated computer skills - requires excellent MS Office experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of proposal management software applications (e.g., Salesforce.com, Qvidian, Proposal Automation applications) is preferred
- Demonstrated text editing and writing skills
- Excellent command of English grammar - both speaking and writing
- Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage virtual calls professionally, yet collaboratively with a variety of internal colleagues with multi-level expertise
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with internal stakeholders, clients and Covance senior management
- Positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Possesses an ability and willingness to work across Business Units
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours as needed to meet the client's proposal deadline.