Trainee Management Accountant
- Experience Level
Trainee Management Account
Office Based Kingston
Study support available
The UK Bausch + Lomb team is currently recruiting for a Trainee Management Accountant to join our Kingston office. Reporting into the Financial Controller you will be responsible for posting and reconciling general ledger postings to ensure the company’s accounts are up to date. You will be heavily involved in month end reporting requirements ensuring timely submission of journals and reconciliations for the controller’s review. You will be responsible for bank reconciliations and financial transactions reporting. Preparing monthly bank reconciliations for accounts in GBP and EUR. You will also be involved in maintaining SOX reporting requirements, running queries and following up on any outstanding items to ensure the company is compliant with policies and procedures. You will reconcile balances monthly and maintain any journal postings throughout the month to help ensure the accounts are kept accurate and up to date.
- Month end bank reconciliation for EUR and GBP bank accounts.
- Prepare month end file for review by financial controller and head of finance collating all journals and reconciliations from the finance team
- Month end accruals process ensuring all costs incurred are included for month end
- Maintenance of fleet car costs reporting ensuring correct cost centers are billed with appropriate monthly cost
- Reconcile AR balance at month end ensuring GL agrees to subledger
- Preparation of weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports
- Assist with preparation of postings to the Bad Debts Provision and other adjustments
- Assist with external and Group audit requests as required
- Prepare AR dashboard for weekly review using Qlikview
- Prepare journals in Hyperion Financial Management system to report AP and AR balances in the correct categories
- Run monthly SOX reporting requirements and follow up on open items with relevant colleague to ensure full compliance
- Assist in the continual review and development of improvements to procedures and controls to ensure full compliance with SOX requirements
- Involvement in Ad Hoc projects to improve the general finance function including automation of processes
- Prepare cash management reports for review by corporate treasury including weekly cash balances, and monthly accounting review reports
- Some prior experience in an accounting role is preferred particularly preparation of bank reconciliation
- Proficient in MS Excel at least to intermediate level (VLook UP, pivot tables)
- Knowledge of ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft (and/or SAP)
- Ideally graduate level or AAT qualified
- Strong IT and analytical skills
Bausch Health Companies Inc. (NYSE/TSX: BHC) is a global company that develops, manufactures and markets a range of pharmaceutical, medical device and over-the-counter products, primarily in the therapeutic areas of eye health, gastroenterology and dermatology. We are delivering on our commitments as we build an innovative company dedicated to advancing global health. Each day, Bausch Health products are used by over 150 million people around the world.
Bausch + Lomb a Bausch Health company is one of the best-known and most respected healthcare brands in the world, offering the widest and finest range of eye health products including contact lenses and lens care products, pharmaceuticals, intraocular lenses and other eye surgery products. The company is solely dedicated to protecting and enhancing the gift of sight for millions of people around the world – from the moment of birth through every phase of life. In the UK Bausch + Lomb employs around 160 employees working to deliver our simple yet powerful mission: Helping you see better to live better
Bausch Health employs approximately 21,000 employees are united around our mission of improving people’s lives with our health care products. Bausch Health manufacture and market health care products directly or indirectly in approximately 100 countries.
Working for Bausch & Lomb UK
You will enjoy a good benefits package that includes generous pension, medical cover, 25 days holiday, life assurance and income protection. We have additional benefits you can purchase such as dental and travel insurance and extra days holiday subject to conditions.
Join the Movement
We employ dedicated and innovated team members who are driven to solve problems. We recognize that our team members are essential to our future. It is our goal to make everyone feel respected and equally appreciated so we are all dedicated and committed to the same cause. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment that encourages both professional evolution and personal growth. Each day you spend at Bausch + Lomb, you have the satisfaction of knowing that you are working with dedicated individuals who share a common vision of constant innovation. To ensure that we achieve our goals, our team members are continually learning more about their fields of expertise. We are proud to facilitate this development by providing internal and external professional development opportunities. This commitment to growth helps drive our Business and our employees.
So if you want to join our team to help the world to see better, in order to live better, please Apply Now.