Clinical Database Programmer
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We are currently seeking a Clinical Database Programmer to join the IT and Programming department with our Client based in the East Anglia area. This is a full time, permanent position with the potential for remote working.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team of Clinical Database Programmers and System Developers. The successful applicant will be responsible for the design and development of clinical study databases coupled with supporting continued system development of this key in-house eDC system and related processes.
The position offers a chance to work with cutting-edge technologies among highly motivated colleagues dedicated to delivering next generation cloud-based solutions.
Our client is one of the largest specialist data focused contract research companies in Europe supporting human clinical trials developing new life saving drugs. Using its innovative Electronic Data Collection system, ePRO mobile app and related biometrics services, the company is a market leader in the healthcare arena.
The role will involve:
- Design, build and update clinical study databases, according to specifications, from build and the programming of edit checks, through testing to go-live.
- Provide technical solutions for ad-hoc study requirements and lead their development.
- Input into the development of database and software solutions; Enhance, recommend, support and install existing solutions.
- Work closely with Lead Data Managers to lead study database programming elements; investigate problem areas and existing solutions.
- Provide support and technical assistance for internal and external reported issues.
- Perform, guide and facilitate functional testing of study specific software enhancements and contribute to, and maintain company processes.
- Proactively identify, drive and develop system and process improvements.
- Support version control, validation and approval of generic system software to ensure a quality software product and fulfilment of local process and regulatory requirements pertaining to computerised systems.
- Prioritise tasks and resource time accordingly.
The ideal Candidate will have:
- Previous database programming experience
- Experience of programming in any of VB, VB.NET, ASP, ASP.NET, C#, CSS beneficial, but not essential.
- Good knowledge of System Validation Life Cycle in relationship to the implementation of new applications and processes.
- Good organisational skills including planning, prioritising, multi-tasking and problem solving.
- Ability to work on own initiative and operate as part of a team.
- Flexible and self-motivated.