- Experience Level
One of the UK's largest independent manufacturers of speciality organic chemicals seeks an experienced Cell Manager.
About the role:
- The management of a group of chemical manufacturing plants (cell) to meet the company's safety, sales, output, manufacturing efficiency, quality and environmental performance targets and standards.
- Manages the cell team members and their training and development.
- SHE Management for the cell
- Production planning in liaison with the Head of Production/Operations Director
- Management of cell logistics, Engineering priorities, housekeeping standards
- Effective labour and equipment utilization.
- Process Improvements including interaction with the Cell Chemist.
- External liaison as required with customers, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Support commercial strategies through the fostering of commercial relationships with both customers and suppliers.
- Strategic planning and Capex recommendations
Skills and experience:
- The ideal candidate would be degree qualified (in chemistry or a closely related subject) along with several years of management experience in a fast-paced chemical manufacturing environment.
- To be able to successfully multi-task, be highly organised and be able to communicate and influence at all levels both inside and outside of the Company.
- A broad knowledge of chemical manufacture and have a strong commitment to safety, quality, and the environment.
- Continuous improvement and for achieving results. You should be able to demonstrate good management skills. You should be able to demonstrate strategic thinking.
- Salary for this role is circa £50,000 per annum.