Drainage Design Engineer
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
This role focuses on answering technical questions from clients on the telephone as well as using AutoCAD and Inventor to draw up solutions for clients. Clients include Architects, Contractors, Installers and Merchants.
Once you are fully conversant with the products and design software, the role will expand into technical overviews and product specific installations. Ultimately this role will include site visits to advise customers and represent the company, and to assist the field sales team in technical discussions.
Duties may include:
- Technical / Design expertise
- Ensure correct procedures are followed.
- Attend site visits as required.
- Layouts, hydraulics, loading, specification, and materials advice.
- Sketches to compliment engineered solutions leading to formal design proposals where required.
- Feasibility dialogue with designers and contractors relating to mechanics, product performance and product design.
- Value engineering with customer and supplier as applicable.
- Collaboration with external sales to win the order from the client.
- Building trust with the customer and manage their expectations.
- Identifying additional opportunities within projects and promoting our service offering to the customer.
- Regular liaison with the manufacturing team.
- Collaboration with the commercial team to deliver the projects on time and in full.
- Liaison with Product Manager on new product design and market placement.
- Conversant with current building and environmental trends.
- Authority to amend drawings to meet customer expectations and change the pricing to reflect the changes within set parameters and according to Trading Policies.
- External: Exchanging professional communication with Customers: designers and specifiers, main contractors, D&B contractors, M&E contractors, distributors.
- Personal: Giving and receiving feedback in a constructive manner, developing behaviour, listening and engaging with staff/colleagues in an appropriate manner.
- Applications - Word, Power Point and Excel
- Systems - AutoCAD, Inventor, Sage X3, CRM and BD Build Up procedures.
- Hydraulics, Sheet metal fabrication, Welding, Architectural practices.
Full training in company-wide systems and procedures will be given, and personal development will be actively encouraged.
Working hours are 34.5hours per week, Monday to Friday.