Statistical Programming Manager
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
- Manager, Statistical Programming r equired to work for Covance
- You will be employed by Covance working in our Clinical Development Services division working across multiple Sponsors in a dedicated team that works purely on Phase I and IIa patient oncology studies
- Home based anywhere in Europe or South Africa
- You must have supervisory skills gained from lead program oversight of large-scale statistical programming projects within clinical trials
- Oncology experience desirable but not essential
- Opportunities to develop and progress
Join our growing team and discover your extraordinary potential by working as a Covance Manager, Statistical Programming. You will work our Global Clinical Development Statistical Programming department. Within this department there is a team that works solely on Phase I and IIa oncology studies across multiple Sponsors. The position offers a strong support network, flexible working solutions and the opportunity to progress your career. If you are looking to strengthen your supervisory / line management expertise within a varied and dynamic environment, then this is a fantastic opportunity. This is a permanent, full-time office or home-based role anywhere within Europe or South Africa.
Job Primary Functions
- Management and development of direct reports.
- Manage, develop, and support the development of new or improved processes within the department and globally.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant training courses for Statistical Programmers and other Operational Staff.
- Oversee resourcing, ensuring timely completion of Statistical Programming deliverables.
- Ensure that the quality of all services provided by the department meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Statistical Programming business strategy.
- Deputise for the Director, Statistical Programming, if so requested.
- BSc, preferably in computing, life science, mathematical or statistical subject
- Supervisory skills gained from lead program oversight of large scale projects utilising project management skills and team leadership as demonstrated by the ability to organise and motivate project teams.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the processes and procedures used within a Statistical Programming environment and the ability to communicate to programmers and nonprogrammers alike.
- Broad knowledge of all CDISC requirements related to SDTM and ADaM, including define.xml, Reviewer's Guide and submission standards
- Full understanding of the job roles in programming, to be able to identify training and development needs, opportunities for optimising staff utilisation and employing the most efficient practices.
- Excellent problem solving skills, a proactive approach, anticipating issues and working to ensure they are avoided or resolved as quickly as possible.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to delegate and prioritise work.
- Candidates must be fluent in English language (both verbal and written)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
MORE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please phone Peter Lewis on +44 (0) 1628 543 457 . To apply, please click on the APPLY button.
Covance by Labcorp, Manager, line management, supervisor, line manager, Principal Statistical Programmer, Senior Statistical Programmer, Lead Statistical programmer, Covance, Statistical programming, Chiltern, Covance, Phases I-IV, Programmer Analyst, Stats Programmer, Senior, Statistical Programmer, Lead, SAS Programmer, CDISC, ADaM, SDTM, Biostatistics, Senior Statistician, Statistician, Biostatistician, Statistics, Study Biostatistician, pharma, pharmaceutical, SAS, STAT, home based,home-based, flexible working, flexible location, home based, field based, home based EU Anywhere, anywhere in Europe, field-based, clinical analytics, FSP, FSPx, Functional Service Provision, United Kingdom, UK, Great Britain, England, Birmingham, Cambridge, Sheffield, Manchester, Alderley Edge, Scotland, Edinburgh, Wales, Swansea, Northern Ireland, Maidenhead, Reading, Berkshire, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Paris, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Leiden, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, South Africa, Bloemfontein, Spain, Ukraine, oncology, cancer, early clinical development, early phase, phase one, Phase I, Phase 1, PI, Phase Two, Phase II, Phase 2, PII, #LI-PL1, #LI-Remote , Remote, EMEA