Senior Manager, Vaccine Transactions
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join a Covid-19 Vaccines Global Access rollout project as a Senior Transaction Manager to drive a COVID-19 Global vaccine access to underdeveloped countries and countries in need of Global Health delivery support. The role will be a 12-month fixed-term contract (FTC), based in Geneva. No relocation will be offered for this contract.
If you are seeking an opportunity where you can work in a multinational organisation at the forefront of its field, you will find it here.
Our client will be partnering with other global health stakeholders to make affordable COVID-19 vaccines available and accessible to those most in need and plan for the deployment of the vaccine so they can be delivered as soon as they are available. As part of this, our client intends to engage vaccine manufacturers globally for the procurement of suitable vaccines for Alliance supported countries.
This role is designed for an experienced Senior Transaction Manager to achieve supply agreements for COVID-19 vaccines with manufacturers, by leveraging your deep expertise in global vaccine supply and procurement to conduct analyses, develop, and review proposals, engage manufacturers, make recommendations, advise senior internal and external stakeholders and engage with key cross-sector stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Identify and evaluate the potential of vaccine candidates and manufacturers for supply contracts to fulfil Vaccines Global Access Facility objectives to build a wide, diverse vaccine portfolio;
- Be responsible for negotiating with manufacturers, including developing the key positions for the agreements to fulfil the Vaccines Global Access Facility objectives
- Identify and mitigate financial and contractual risks
- Collaborate with cross-Secretariat teams (Office of Vaccines Global Access Facility, Market Shaping, Vaccine Forecasting and Grant Operations etc.) and external partners (for example, CEPI, UNICEF, WHO)
You will bring to this role:
- Extensive industry experience working in vaccines or pharmaceuticals, with a deep understanding of vaccine development, regulatory and productionAdvanced degree in Business, Marketing, Pharmacy, Science or a related field
- Proven track record in developing and executing large transactions, projects, investments; within the pharma or vaccines industry, experience with developed and developing country manufacturers preferred
- Expertise in commercial, negotiations, contracting, procurement at global or senior levels or a Commercial Sales/Marketing/Business lead background within Global Health
- Experience and ownership in senior-level negotiation with companies (diligently reviewing contracts with suppliers/manufacturers (ideally in vaccines)
- Demonstrated excellent stakeholder management across various functions, sectors; Ability to influence and negotiate among diverse stakeholders
- Strategic facilitation, negotiation, political acumen; representation, advocacy, diplomacy, and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills- a logical thinker with intellectual curiosity and the ability to think strategically
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and backgrounds, ability to work in teams with cross-functional colleagues to achieve results, and effective relationship-building skills both within and outside the organisation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills; with demonstrated ability to deliver high quality work independently within tight deadlines;
- Written and spoken fluency in English (French and/or other languages desirable)
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Teams
In return you will receive:
- Competitive pay package and benefits, and immediate start
- Global exposure and the opportunity to be a crucial decision-maker and driving force for Covid-19 Global Vaccine access
- The opportunity to work within a driven and innovative organization, directly having a positive influence on the market for vaccines and immunisation systems coverage
If you have the skills and experience for this opportunity and the ambition to take on this position, please call Kaleigh Robertson or email your CV today.
Contact Kaleigh at +44 1273 059 663 / +41 615 880 066 or Kaleigh.email@example.com
Kaleigh is a Search Consultant at Haybury Search covering Europe, UK, North America and Asia.
This job advertisement is placed by Haybury AG, Teichgässlein 9. 4058 Basel, Switzerland. In the course of this job offer the selected employee will be employed for hiring of services. All preselected applications will be forwarded to Haybury AG and be processed by Haybury AG according to Swiss law.
Apply for Senior Manager, Vaccine Transactions
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly