- Experience Level
Job title - Business Manager / Contracts Manager
Location- London, UK
Salary – £50-58k plus benefits
Our Client helps to bring together NHS providers of healthcare services, clinical commissioning groups and leading universities across London together helping to create effective new ways of working and to address complex challenges. To support their business they are now looking for a Business Manager to join the team.
Who you are
An exceptional candidate who has a deep knowledge in contract management for projects, financial management, resource management and a good understanding and experience of working with external clients.
You will be an excellent communicator with strong influencing skills and enjoy ensuring Business support processes are consistently used effectively across the business. You will be experienced resolving contract related issues and enjoy supporting an organisation with effective resource management maintaining robust databases.
The role will involve
- Understanding of project processes and documentation
- Ability to work to project deadlines and to ensure these are met
- Client and team management
- Work across a cross-functional business support team to ensure project leads access the receive the appropriate business support to deliver projects following ICHP business processes
- Able to influence and support a wide range of project teams to follow ICHP business processes and understand when this might not be possible and why
- Ensure all projects are set up with appropriate contracts and commercial arrangements
- Develop effective working relationships working with and provide direction to colleagues from Business Support Team to ensure that all contracts are managed effectively
- Support market analysis and procurement activity
- Manage budgetary implications of activity
- Pro-actively manage a portfolio of contracts across the organisation
- Respond to and resolve conflict when this arises through facilitation or other appropriate mechanisms
- Provide contract knowledge and expertise to projects undertaken within the organisation
- Monthly forecasting and re-forecasting of project income and expenditure
- Conduct financial due diligence and apply accounting procedures while also gathering and analysing data from many sources at once
- Compile quarterly finance and KPI reports for funders which involves compiling reports with inputs from a range of partners
- Provide data and analysis to external stakeholders – what does this mean?
- Contribute towards Skills Centre business plans
- Business Partnering with project leads to ensure ICHP financial management processes are used consistently
- Track and maintain resource databases
- Act as a key point of contact for resource and capacity planning databases
- Ensure any resourcing issues and/or gaps are flagged and resolved
- Manage contractor timesheet process and work with Contractors and Finance to ensure smooth payments
- Supporting project managers in ongoing resource management efforts
- Design and maintain all performance capacity reports and statistics for management;
- Ensure compliance to all guidelines and ensure optimal utilisation of all resources.
You will bring
- Experienced in a resource planning role.
- In depth knowledge of contracting, underpinned by theory and experience, acquired through a relevant degree or equivalent experience or training.
- Budget management experience
- Procurement and Contract Management knowledge ideally with knowledge of the NHS contracting process.
- Proposal writing including pricing
- Experience writing complex business and project plans
For further information please contact Louise Clark on +44 (0)1293 584300 or email@example.com
Apply for Business Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly