- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Calling ALL Experienced Payment and Grants Professionals – Read On, Join the Movement
Location: Czech Republic
Preferred Languages: German, French, Dutch, Polish or Spanish & Portuguese
PRA remains at the forefront of digital health and our Mobile Health Platform allows for decentralized clinical trials which enables us to engage with patients virtually and in real time wherever they are in the world. Our digital health solutions leverage the technology at our patients fingertips – smartphones, laptops, activity trackers , tablets and more – to engage them in real time.
Be part of a company that is leading the way in shifting clinical research away from traditional models and creating the opportunity for better science.
What will you be doing?
The Payment Analyst is responsible for the review; evaluation; accuracy; compliance; and accountability of grants payments in accordance with Clinical Trial Agreement and Client Protocol. The Payment Analyst is able to perform in a fast paced environment, able to create and reset priorities as the need arises, identify and raise issues before they become critical, and adjust quickly to the changes of a dynamic organization.
- Reviews and thoroughly understands executed CTAs, associated budgets and payment terms to determine payment requirements.
- Actively participates in set up calls for new studies
- Reviews budget set-up in CTMS and notify Central Budget group of any discrepancies with budget set-up via HDT process
- Ensures payee details have been set up appropriately in CTMS and notifies Central Budget group immediately upon identification of discrepancy/ies.
- Works cross functionally with Contracts, Central Budget group, SVT Coordinator, Project Management,
Operations Finance, Clinical Operations and Accounts Payable to maintain integrity, timeliness and accuracy of grant payments by:
- Ensures budget is activated prior to initiating payment
- Initiates payment as per timelines outlined in executed CTA
- Monitors completed subject activities tracked via CTMS, IVRS or EDC
- Generates Request for Invoice where necessary and forwards to designee for site delivery
Ensures invoice matches RFI, financial specific country statutory requirements are adhered to and refers back to designee if correction required
- Generates Payment Voucher on receipt of invoice (if applicable) from site and launches through electronicworkflow for proper approvals
- Ensures all systems are updated with required payment information and full audit trail where appropriate
- Maintains overview of progress status to ensure contracted payment timelines are met
- Assesses incoming queries and liaises with Project and Clinical teams and Accounts Payable for resolutionand properly escalates in a timely manner if appropriate
- Identifies and proactively raises risks/issues that may impact payment timelines and escalate accordingly
- Reviews and clears Exception report on a weekly basis to ensure there are no unexpected standard exceptions and escalate if additional support is required
- Prepares monthly payment status update for discussion with Functional Management during one-to-one meetings
- Works with project team to ensure standard client reporting requests are scheduled and liaises with reconciliation team to ensure client reporting is managed effectively
- Enhances skill at discerning and responding to issues at sites that pose risk and escalating accordingly
- Performs complex problem solving of Exception Report discrepancies
- Exhibits increasing ability to identify and solve problems and escalates as appropriateProvides mentoring and oversight of new Payment Analysts
- Works independently; provides insight and strategy to the Payment & Grants Lead and to Project/Functional
- Management for strengthening the team and enhance efficiency
- Provides support regarding process reviews and improvement, User Acceptance Testing of system enhancements, Troubleshooting payment backlog and KPI reporting
- Exhibits leadership among peers and a willingness to take responsibility for follow up on issues that arise in a timely manner
- Elevates to Lead role on studies for which they provide support and expertise to team on specific regions with particular complexities or manages oversight of payments for specific key clients. Establishes themselves as a SME.
- Demonstrates ability to recommend/execute potential solutions
What do you need to have?
Education: Undergraduate degree or its international equivalent in clinical, science, or health-related field from an accredited institution; a licensed health-care professional (i.e., registered nurse); or equivalent work experience required
- Read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language required.
- Fluent speaker in one or more of languages below;
- 2 years of CRO experience
- Experience using information systems and MS Office (MS Word/Excel/Access/Powerpoint)
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.