Associate IT Business Analyst
- Experience Level
- Entry level
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
Do you want to work for one of the world-leading organisations in the world, providing your domain expertise supporting our collective mission in creating life-saving medicines for patients?
If so, we are looking for an IT Business Analyst to join our team here in Operations IT.
As a team support the entire PT&D function which sits at the interface between R&D and Commercial Manufacturing team to scale products from research for clinical manufacturing and commercial. We focus solely on performance and strategy -leading transformation and innovation and managing the development of new solutions. Collaborative and personable, we're constantly liaising with multiple teams to understand their needs, monitor performance, and communicate changes. From system owners to system delivery teams, we are the connected hub that drives things forward. This role will initially align more closely with the Clinical Manufacturing and Supply chain organisation, supporting them with their digital and technology strategies as they work toward their 2025 vision.
The Business Analyst must have experience of performing business analysis and design to deliver small scale business change activities; or as a contributor to a large scale or global business change. The Business Analyst operates with interactive communication, demonstrating inclusion and cultural sensitivity.
The Business Analyst performs at a capable level in the following:
- Business Needs Identification - Operates at a functional level in assessing and defining business need and areas for improvement for small business changes. Proactively seeks out opportunities to enhance and improve in line with strategic goals, proposing potential solutions through research.
- Business Analysis Planning - Supports selecting the appropriate analysis approach to a piece of work depending on its complexity, level of risk, known assumptions, constraints and dependencies. Proficient in prioritization and recommending appropriate approaches. Capable of planning and leading their own activities to meet deliverables and deadlines.
- Stakeholder Analysis & Change - builds and maintains relationships according to individual stakeholder needs and levels of influence. Is involved in communication plans and change management for project and stakeholders.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition - Supports documenting requirements, traceability, testing and validation. Supports the work with the business to identify functional and technical requirements, translating the requirements into design specifications reflecting Functional Design, User Interface Design and Business Process Design. Closely partnering with the Architecture team, ensuring the technical solution will deliver the agreed business benefits.
- Business Case and Benefits Management - Supports business case definition, capturing business justification for investment including ROI and benefits realization.
- Solution Evaluation - Supports assessment of solution proposals and able to articulate supporting reasoning. i.e. assessing business readiness, improving value vs. spend.
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Experience of working within supply chain, preferably with a Clinical Supply Chain area
- Experience of using business analysis tools/techniques to craft and deliver business change
- Strong engagement, communication and facilitation skills, including presentation and influencing skills
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation
- Experience of working within Clinical Supply Chain
- B.S/B.A Degree in relevant discipline or formal certification in business analysis practice
- Exposure to Agile Methodology
- Lean Management Capability
- Experience of working in a global/ regional organisation
Competitive Salary & Benefit package