Scientific Sales Representative
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
- Life Sciences, Research & Diagnostics
- Transition into industry
- Technical laboratory instrumentation
Our client is a leading supplier of high technology solutions to the Australasian life sciences market. Their portfolio is representative of some of the best manufacturers in the business across the disciplines of genomics, protein science, cell biology and automation. Their mission is to strive to understand the changing needs of their customers in order to identify the most innovative and cost-effective technologies as they develop and deliver these with exceptional levels of service and support.
Our client seeking a dynamic, Hons/ Masters/Ph.D.-qualified, highly motivated, and driven Technical Sales Representative to join their team in the territory of Queensland. Reporting to the COO, you will be responsible for successfully managing, maintaining, and growing sales of their product portfolio by engaging with customers in a highly technical manner.
The Ideal Candidate
To have the privilege of joining this successful team, you will be an outstanding candidate with commercial acumen. In addition, you will have experience and/ or interest in:
- Building and leveraging strong customer relationships at a technical level
- Selling across a range of genomics, cell biology, and protein science product lines
- Achieving sales targets, developing a solid sales pipeline and customer database
- Development and implementation of an achievable territory business plan
- Participation in local sales meetings and industry conferences
- Product training and field installations of selected products
- Product demonstrations of selected products
- Customer problem solving and troubleshooting in consultation with the relevant business & technical support teams.
- A Ph.D./ Masters/Honours degree in Life Sciences or related field and previous laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques and/or cell biology and/or imaging is essential.
- Given the highly technical product range, qualification to PhD level is considered an advantage.
- Sales or Customer Service/ Inside Sales experience in the Life Science market an advantage - preferably with instrument experience.
- Candidates with commercial experience/aptitude with no direct sales experience will be considered.
- A well-developed technical approach with a desire to learn new technologies.
- A passion to provide a very high standard of customer service.
- Well-developed understanding of the commercial realities of selling in the life science market.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- A willingness and ability to engage customers at all levels.
You will be part of a larger ANZ team that values training and will support you to succeed.
In return for your commitment, our client offers genuine development opportunities and full support.
On offer is a salary package with company benefits and attractive achievable incentives, designed to recognise your qualifications, experience and positive achievements.
If you are interested in joining our client in this exciting new challenge, please call Marilyn Jones on 1300 0 MEXEC for a confidential discussion and/or email your résumé with your cover letter to email@example.com
mexec delivers executive recruitment solutions to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and broader technology & healthcare industries. mexec comprises of highly talented and knowledgeable industry experienced Consultants that partner with leading organisations to grow their leadership teams.
We recruit at all levels including senior management & board, and we are currently recruiting for a variety of opportunities in the area of Sales & Marketing, Management, Medical, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Research, Pharmacovigilance and Operations. Contact us today.