Senior QC Technician (Microbiology)
- Experience Level
- A great opportunity on a 3-year fixed-term contract based in our Manufacturing site in Upper Hutt
- Be part of an energetic team of individuals committed to deliver quality in operations
- Utilise your Microbiology expertise to perform routine testing in a GMP environment
Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
Reporting to the QC Manager, you will perform and document tests within the assigned QC Laboratory, monitor assay performance, plan and co-ordinate own workload and contribute to ensuring the smooth running of the area to meet schedules for release of final and intermediate products.
What You Will Do
- Test antigen and / or vaccine, to required standards, according to set schedules/timelines
- Planning, conducting, reporting and interpreting routine laboratory assays in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensuring adequate stocks of reagents, test materials and equipment are available to perform tests on time.
- Documenting all tasks in test records, worksheets or logbooks in accordance with Good Documentation Practice
- Performing housekeeping tasks in accordance with SOPs and GLP.
- Raise and perform investigations into non-compliant samples and products, including design and execution of Corrective and Preventative Actions.
- Actively participate when required in continuous improvement activities and new product introductions within the laboratory.
What You Must Have
To be successful in this role, you will
- Hold a tertiary or equivalent qualification specialising in a science discipline (microbiology and/or immunology preferred)
- Demonstrate experience of working with aseptic techniques in a GMP laboratory environment
- Well-developed skills to work autonomously as well as within a team.
- Be a proactive, quality focused individual with excellent attention to detail, have good communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge to build on your experience.
What You Can Expect
- Opportunities across various areas in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing.
- A state-of-the-art facility that delivers solution to its customers world-wide
- Highly engaging team that aims to innovate the future
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who We Are
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What We Look For …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively for the common good. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
To be considered for this position, please visit our careers site at www.msd.com/careers and search for R100512.
Apply for Senior QC Technician (Microbiology)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly