Principal Market Access
- Experience Level
To maximize access and Franchise / Enterprise profitability for our clients and to create/ensure patient access to new and existing therapies. The Principal is an experienced market access executive, accountable for management and growth of this consultancy’s Market Access and the Principals specific business offering. Specific responsibilities include client relationship management; project management; business development; and business planning service-line revenue and EBITDA performance.
What you will need to be successful:
- Understanding Implications of Access and Reimbursement
- Understanding of the U.S. market access landscape and subject matter expertise in market access trends, payer landscape, site of care economics, patient access and reimbursement.
- Responsible to create the approach, design, and tactics to minimize reimbursement hurdles and maximize uptake in client desired formulary positioning and contract profitability.
- Understand unique challenges in field reimbursement across the Enterprise and identify ways to break through and achieve more profitable market access.
- Proactively assess and develop market access strategies and tactics for Brands and Franchises to effectively overcome barriers to reimbursement and access.
- Understand and create pull-through communications/activities to translate payer criteria / terms and practices as they relate to reimbursement for products.
- Understand retail, specialty and buy and bill products to support market access launches/lifecycle planning.
- Understanding of payer access and the implications to patient responsibility
- Understanding of overall patient adherence and support programs for retail, specialty and buy and bill programs.
- Experience in Client Management
- Experience in launch planning and cross-functional planning with the manufacturer point of view.
- Adapt in changing market dynamics and changing client needs as appropriate.
- Understand manufacturer perspective, needs, and internal political environment to sell project concept, execute contracts and deliver solution on time.
- Streamline the process and approach for the client amortize materials and learnings.
- Proactively communicate gaps, opportunities, and needs to ensure optimal access for client Brands.
- Leadership in Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Collaboration is key in this role; you will be leading market access efforts, adding value to the Brands and Franchises per relevant, actionable segment strategies.
- You will work across all levels of an organization: market access, medical, business development, Brands and Franchise owners to plan and execute projects.
- Collaborate and share best practices with the Market Access Principals across service offerings to ensure efficiencies and to create turnkey approaches when possible.
- Ability to lead internal work team and external client teams.
- Organized and Process Oriented
- Ability to drive results and manage timelines.
- Ability to lead the projects and create clarity for team members to provide inputs and deliverables to the overall client project/goals. Share and leverage best practices and to align on potential improvements.
- Critical Thinking
- Identifying goal of over-arching projects, programs, tactics and providing process and approach that can add value to the client and ensure patient access to medicines.
- Understand various pieces of the client need and connect disparate pieces of client information, deliverables, and outcomes to overall project planning. Ability to focus on “forest through the trees” and align team member deliverables to the overall project deliverable and recommendations.
What you will bring to the role:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA, PharmD, MPH preferred.
- 15+ years of relevant Market Access pharmaceutical experience – Payer, reimbursement or patient services strategy.
- 5+ Years of Customer Marketing and/or In-line marketing in Pharmaceuticals, Biotech, Healthcare experience preferred
- Strong reimbursement background and experience in understanding of coding issues and nuances
- Experience with retail, specialty products and buy and bill products
- Clear communication skills, this role is player/coach and providing direction to various members across the market access team.
- Reputation of excellent work and can-do attitude.
- Experience in client management – either internal to manufacturer/payer or external to client/manufacturer.
What you will receive:
Competitive salary, annual bonus, health insurance, vacation days, flexible working arrangement, challenging and rewarding work with a team of seasoned professionals.
Why consider this consultancy:
- This is a boutique consulting firm that provides integrated commercial solutions to the biopharmaceutical industry. We leverage our deep industry experience to generate insights and approaches that address our clients’ unique commercial needs. We exist to help our clients commercialize important medicines that improve patient lives.
- You will work in a fun and challenging environment. Workplace is virtual with many opportunities throughout the day to interact with team members and clients virtually. Your contributions will matter here with the Team – and you will your work will be interesting and challenging.
Apply for Principal Market Access
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly