Scientist II, Analytical Services Group
- Experience Level
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
Oxford BioMedica’s Analytical Services Group supports the development of products through analytical testing to facilitate manufacturing and process development, ensuring appropriate quality controls and use of analytics.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist II to join the team. The purpose of this role is to perform and report laboratory-based assays, in accordance with GMP regulatory requirements, under the supervision of an experienced scientist
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Research or technical support will be conducted of the highest quality, largely in a single project area.
- Ensure a high standard of record keeping and ensure experimental data is completed in a timely manner (where required).
- Perform assays for QC release and stability in accordance with GMP regulations.
- Report results in accordance with GMP regulations
- Carry out QC check of assays performed by other scientists
- Perform verification of control materials
- Complete quality records (QIs, deviations, CAPAs and change controls) under the supervision of an experienced scientist
- Assist with cleaning of ASG laboratories to maintain GMP compliance
- Assist with maintenance of ASG equipment to maintain GMP compliance
- Review and update SOPs and Forms under the supervision of an experienced scientist
- Joint responsibility for maintenance and compliance of a GxP laboratory area and GxP “housekeeping” procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a minimum of BSc Degree in a relevant discipline, or basic experience of working in a related environment
- Laboratory technical experience with desirable experience working within a GMP environment
- Demonstrate competency in performing laboratory tasks and general experimental procedures.
- Practical understanding of how own area of operation relates to the overall business of OXB.
- Trained to operate equipment in accordance with OXB procedures and requirements.
- Understanding of laboratory health and safety requirements.
- Competency in data capture reporting and management systems e.g. PatentSafe and archiving.
- Have some knowledge of the literature in defined project area.
- Understanding of the overall responsibilities of your group.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements e.g. GMP, GLP, GCP and/or Validation and Quality Management systems and ability to maintain compliance.
- Understanding of the Quality management reporting structure/responsibilities within OXB.
- Familiar with the regulatory requirements for analytical work (e.g. product specifications, stability testing guidelines etc).
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please