Packhouse Floor Manager
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Packhouse Floor Manager
On Behalf of my client, I am recruiting for a Packhouse Floor Manager.
The successful candidate will report to the Shift Production Manager, and will be required to organise & manage the activities of the Packing team to achieve the highest pack rates and minimum wastage whilst working closely to all Company Safety, Quality, HR and other policies and procedures.
• Organise & motivate the packing team to improve line speeds/pack rates
• Minimise the number of product changeovers by implementing good line planning practices.
• Reduce product changeover times by planning and sourcing the next set of labels for Line Leaders and ensuring next roll of film is available and assist with its fitting
• Ensure product is packed to match load times with any possible issues notified to Shift Production Manager as soon as possible
• Ensure the requirements of the Company’s Health & Safety Policy are achieved and to promote the achievement of high standards of health & safety standards through the adoption of good work practices & proper investigation of accidents
• Recognise any training requirements of the team that may improve productivity and communicate such to Shift Production Manager or Packhouse Manager.
• Ensure that matters involving a breach of Company rules/standards are investigated and outcomes communicated to Shift Production Manager for disciplinary action
• Organise & motivate staff to ensure that the maximum use is made of all raw materials to reduce product waste to minimum levels possible.
• Issue packing and sliced packing updates against the agreed packing plan every 2 hours from shift start to the Production, Planning and Transport teams
• Assist and support the Shift Production Manager and Packhouse Managers where required
• Communicate effectively with staff to ensure they are fully briefed on relevant issues
• Maintain excellent housekeeping standards
• Ideally Third level education in a food related discipline
• Minimum 1 years’ experience in FMCG / food-based environments at management level
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programmes (desirable)
• Good communication skills ( both written and verbal) and excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills
• Commercially aware
Apply for Packhouse Floor Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly