System Specialist- Precision Medicine
- Experience Level
- Entry level
Do you have passion for project management and pharmaceutical industry? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the diagnostic project management area in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
Welcome to Warsaw Site, one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca's priorities, it's important to us that you bring your full self to work every day. To help you maintain your best self, here's a sneak peek into some of the things this site provides for you.
What you can expect: great working atmosphere empowering you to reach your full potential, endless development opportunities and benefits like: medical & life insurance, lunch card, annual bonus, education cost reimbursement, occasional allowances (Christmas, holiday), Multisport, anniversary awards, additional time off, pension plan, business travel insurance, recognition programme, flexible working hours.
At AstraZeneca, every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day.
The Diagnostic Project Management group within Precision Medicine, Project, Portfolio & Operations is accountable for providing project and portfolio management to the AZ Precision Medicine portfolio to ensure successful delivery of diagnostic projects from initiation of development to regulatory approval, across all therapy areas, and to further optimise the delivery of precision medicines by defining and championing best practices. Furthermore, this group is responsible for driving continuous improvement processes, for providing accurate Precision Medicine portfolio information for decision making and business reporting, and for capacity and resource management.
What you'll do
The System Specialist is a single contributor's role which reports to Diagnostic Project Management Skills Lead. You will work alongside the Diagnostic Project Manager to gather project related information, and will provide technical expertise and information management across several cross-functional diagnostic project and programme teams. In addition the System Specialist will undertake the operational due diligence (paper exercise) for precision medicine vendors and work with Diagnostic Experts to assess vendor operational readiness.
- Inputs and ensures accuracy of diagnostic project information within PLANIT (Planisware), the AZ enterprise project planning tool (gathers input from Diagnostic Project Managers)
- Ensures the business has an accurate view of diagnostic milestones and the costs and resources required to deliver them
- Enables use of PLANIT data for automated project reporting
- Provision of reports from PLANIT to track progress and highlight deviations or anomalies Diagnostic Project Managers
- Tracks project spend against PLANIT forecast and provides report to Diagnostic Project manager
- Undertakes Operational Due Diligence (ODD) for Precision Medicine vendors
- Coordinates paper-based questionnaire process and gathers responses from vendors
- Works with Diagnostic Expert to assess operational readiness
- Maintains ODD tracker, stores ODD information and makes available across R&D
- Owns and maintains Precision Medicine project documentation repository (Primarily SharePoint Online SPOL)
- Optimises SPOL structure to ensure logical and consistent approach to storage of project related information enabling ease of input/ retrieval of information
- Drives towards a single solution for storage of project information within Precision Medicine
- Uses technical expertise to drive simplification and standardisation for information management across Precision Medicine
Essential for the roleEducation
BA/BSc in relevant subject (or equivalent experience)
Minimum Experience Required
- Strong organisation and forward-planning skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to analyse and interpret large data sets
- Technically strong with specific experience of using Excel to analyse and report data
- Experience of using Microsoft Office/ Outlook and SharePoint Online
- Champion of efficient and effective systems and processes
- Experience of global team-working and communicating with key stakeholders
- A professional, enthusiastic and proactive approach, with the ability to independently manage a diverse and demanding workload
Desirable for the role
- Experience in pharmaceutical or clinical trials industry would be a plus
- Prior experience in managing and provision of project information
- Understanding of Project Management techniques, tools and principles
- Basic understanding or experience of using Planisware (PLANIT)
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what's next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en