Sr. Reimbursement Specialist - Late Shift
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The primary goal of this position is to provide high quality customer service, effectively interface with patients, patient’s families, national payers, home cares and medical doctor’s offices to assist patient and medical provider in expediting the process starting the patient on client product, and ensure the highest level of reimbursement is attained for client product. Extensive knowledge in specialized functions with a wide and comprehensive acquaintance with and understanding of both general and specific aspects of the job and their practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered. Looking for candidates who can work an 11am to 8pm shift.
Specific job duties:
- Conduct benefit investigations, verify insurance benefits for patient and physicians’ offices, and submit and obtain prior authorizations as required by payer; obtain recertification for cases requiring extended treatment/coverage beyond the expiration of original approval.
- Accurately enter and maintain data as required in client database and patient files and utilize the client database to monitor outstanding items on each client case file. Ensure files are complete so team can determine the current status.
- Participate in conference calls as needed with Client Sales Representatives, client management and physicians’ offices regarding status of cases, drug orders and status of alternative funding.
- Provide coordination of order for product, shipment of product, and therapy initiation with pharmacy and patient.
- Participate in Call Center Activities, triage and respond to incoming calls from patients, insurance companies, physicians, Sales Reps, pharmacies and homecare agencies. May serve as single point of contact for an assigned group of prescribers.
- Identify and report events as required by the REMS requirements for specified medication. Recognize adverse event, product quality complaint, potential risk events, and forward information to the appropriate team member for reporting to the manufacturer.
- Educate patients, prescribers, and others regarding program requirements, and facilitate referrals. Maintain good housekeeping techniques, adhering to quality and production standards and comply with all applicable company, state, and federal safety and environmental programs and procedures.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 4 – 6 years’ experience in the insurance, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industries; customer service and/or reimbursement. Health Insurance claims or patient accounting experience a plus.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications, with database experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate with others at all levels.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented with good analytical skills.
- Knowledge of third party billing, coding, medical terminology, prior authorizations and appeals preferred.
- 11am to 8pm shift required
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visiting